Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I wish I knew as much as when I was eighteen and I'm glad I don't let past my teeth what I did then.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Many months ago I had someone correct me [while on the job] on how to address them. He was a flaming faggot. I just stared at him. Thinking of how to respond. But everything that went through my head would not likely have been in my companies best interest. I just stood there trying to think of a response that would be acceptable. Kept staring at the guy.

I think he kinda started to get freaked out. Like maybe I was gonna cut loose on him. But seriously, I just couldn't think of anything polite to say. So I kept staring at him. He finally asked me if he would like it if he showed me to the equipment.

And yes, that was in San Francisco, LOL.
    Lmao

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    This reminds me: on Halloween my youngest daughter; 28, was out front with me for the hot dog event. Late in the evening; about 7:30P two young boys came by and I gave my standard: Hey! How about a hot dog? Halloween greeting. I would guesstimate them to be about 12-13 years old.

They appeared to be wearing no costume and I also said:

So what are you two disguised as?

(no answer)

Wait; don't tell me . . . . let me guess . . .

(no verbal response)

Oh! I've got it! Young boys! You are both disguised as young boys! Am I right?

(no response and they wandered off each eating a hot dog)

After they were out of earshot my daughter said:

That was kind of creepy.

What was?

You calling them young boys.

Were they something else?

It was just creepy.

In what way?

(in a weirdly leery voice) Hey young boys - how about a hot dog?

You are retarted. How could you possibly make anything even slightly creepy out of anything I said?

Well; it just was. You shouldn't have called them "young boys".

---------------------------------

And the fact is: it wasn't and it isn't. They were, in specific fact; young boys. My mentioning of that obvious fact carries no more weight than the plain words themselves.

So now I cannot plainly state the obvious? Because some idiot might be offended by it? How is their moronic reaction my responsibility?

I say we start a new program in our schools: How to knock the sh!t out of bullies. How about: always hit them hard, fast, and First - that way there's no confusion about your position on the matter. <g>

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions but I'm starting to think that it's paved with eggs.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    This reminds me: on Halloween my youngest daughter; 28, was out front with me for the hot dog event. Late in the evening; about 7:30P two young boys came by and I gave my standard: Hey! How about a hot dog? Halloween greeting. I would guesstimate them to be about 12-13 years old.

They appeared to be wearing no costume and I also said:

So what are you two disguised as?

(no answer)

Wait; don't tell me . . . . let me guess . . .

(no verbal response)

Oh! I've got it! Young boys! You are both disguised as young boys! Am I right?

(no response and they wandered off each eating a hot dog)

After they were out of earshot my daughter said:

That was kind of creepy.

What was?

You calling them young boys.

Were they something else?

It was just creepy.

In what way?

(in a weirdly leery voice) Hey young boys - how about a hot dog?

You are retarted. How could you possibly make anything even slightly creepy out of anything I said?

Well; it just was. You shouldn't have called them "young boys".

---------------------------------

And the fact is: it wasn't and it isn't. They were, in specific fact; young boys. My mentioning of that obvious fact carries no more weight than the plain words themselves.

So now I cannot plainly state the obvious? Because some idiot might be offended by it? How is their moronic reaction my responsibility?

I say we start a new program in our schools: How to knock the sh!t out of bullies. How about: always hit them hard, fast, and First - that way there's no confusion about your position on the matter. <g>

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions but I'm starting to think that it's paved with eggs.

Not so sure I would be sharing my hot dog with young boys.

Post Likes
    Everyone gets their own hotdog at my house on Halloween. Even some muslim kids as I serve all beef. But no; no sharing.

Although wait; I did share little pieces of some of mine with puppies. I usually save the hotdogs that small children drop on the ground for feeding to dogs. But if there are none at the time the puppies show up I still give them at least something.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Not so sure I would be sharing my hot dog with young boys.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12