+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sloan Flushmate problem

Post Likes

Sloan Flushmate problem

I have a customer with a Kohler rear outlet residential toilet that has a Sloan Flushmate pressure vessel Model No. M-101526-F3 Series 503 installed sometime between 2005 and 2009.

The vessel has a leak at the midline seam. The Customer wants to have a standard flush assembly and fill valve installed to replace the Flushmate.

Do you know if a standard flush valve can work with a rear outlet Kohler toilet. My local supply house no longer carries Kolher, and they didn't know the answer.

I'm calling the Flushmate service number tomorrow, but I was hoping to have ideas before I call them.

Thank you in advance.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Here are a couple of pictures in case that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    I don't think so. The trapway design is different for the Flushmate.

Post Likes
    VTP99,

A reputable plumping supply house in Las Vegas, as well as Flushmate service personnel confirmed that a gravity flush system cannot be used with a rear outlet toilet.

The Flushmate model my customer has is subject to a recall for the problem that I found. They will send a free replacement vessel, but it will take several days to arrive.

The customer is stuck with a rather expensive pressure assist rear outlet toilet. Unless of course, he wants to spend a whole lot more money redoing the sewage system, septic tank and all.

Thank you for your input.

Post Likes
    I've never seen a rear mount toilet around these parts. Probably be a real conversation piece. Would also be real easy to clean down around there. I like that idea. But yeah, most our toilet plumbing is in the basement or under a slab.

Post Likes
    Unlike a commercial toilet, this doesn't hang on the wall. It still rests on the floor. So, no benefits for cleaning.

Sewage line doesn't have enough slope to change it to a bottom discharge. I don't know why the house was built this way. There may have been some reason the septic tank couldn't be dug any deeper, or this bathroom might have been an add-on later.

Post Likes
    Excellent service from Flushmate support. They have sent me a replacement under their warrantee program. It should arrive in a couple of days. Flushmate will also cover my labor to R&R the unit because the customer is handicapped and he can't do it himself.

8. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Im late... but yes there has been a large recall of these tanks due to leaks and explosions.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    For what's it's worth, at least information for the future, Kohler has some customer service that no other company can match.

11. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    For what's it's worth, at least information for the future, Kohler has some customer service that no other company can match.
    Except, with a Sloan Flushmate based system they will refer you to Sloan, because of the recall.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Still getting free parts, right?

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Except, with a Sloan Flushmate based system they will refer you to Sloan, because of the recall.

Post Likes
    Still getting free parts, right?
    Sloan is giving the new flush tank kit free, yes. Kohler still gives free parts covered under whatever warranty they offer, usually their "leak-free" clause. But, Kohler is not giving out free flush tank kits.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I don't know who's giving free stuff out but can I get on the list ?

Post Likes
    If, for example, you buy a faucet from Kohler, then it is warrantied for life. That's how you get free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I don't know who's giving free stuff out but can I get on the list ?

Post Likes
    If, for example, you buy a faucet from Kohler, then it is warrantied for life. That's how you get free stuff.
    There are some exclusions, but most everything is covered.
    Nest is POO!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in