Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luxaire furnace has me stumped

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Puksley View Post
    appreciate that ! we tried working with a local supplier because we couldn't reach tech services at the time but i believe there the nest step !
    They'll have proprietary information and serial numbers of board & unit can detail a problem. Service applications, etc. Especially after changing out so many parts it would be worth it to call them at 8am CST to get through ASAP. Not sure where your job's located & if you can be on site at 7am EST.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    We can control fire & ice.....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I'm not sold on the heat exchanger theory either... but worth looking at co readings wouldn't mean squat ide look for a rise in oxygen or any sudden change when the blower ramps up. most manufactures want under 100 ppm co in the flue gas 5 ppm is ok..... and then?
    ill take another reading tomorrow and report back but we had it running for a decent amount of time when we did the co test and we did it in the vent pipe and the co reading never seemed to spike it stayed constant and the oxygen level looked normal ill take another reading tomorrow and report back.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrash View Post
    They'll have proprietary information and serial numbers of board & unit can detail a problem. Service applications, etc. Especially after changing out so many parts it would be worth it to call them at 8am CST to get through ASAP. Not sure where your job's located & if you can be on site at 7am EST.

won't be able to be that early, the homeowners are actually on a trip so were revolving around the grandmothers schedule were hoping to have this all dealt with by the time there back. but well call as soon as were able to get there

Post Likes
    Double check the paperwork on the collector box confirm its the right orifice size for your model. I had a luxaire where i changed the clear leaky collector to the new black one. I didnt realize some of the luxaire inducers had the snap in interchangeble plastic orifices . I was getting a whistle that wasnt there before collector swap and pressure switch was making and breaking. Pulled the inducer again and popped out the inducer ring and all was good .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I look forward to you posting the resolve, ill look in on this thread "many posters" just come to the site with an issue and want their belly rubbed and told they are not stupid..... you actually want answers and are willing to take them in an "whole hearted manner" you will be a good tech operating in this fashion.. I'm sure you are already. there are a lot of very smart folks on this wedsite. its the best site in the world I'm sure. you belong here

Post Likes
    won't be able to be that early, the homeowners are actually on a trip so were revolving around the grandmothers schedule were hoping to have this all dealt with by the time there back. but well call as soon as were able to get there
    Call on your way. Corporations put key dealers up front and wait times can be excessive. We get 2.5-3hrs in the thick of it & part of the problem is people call us, wait & do literally nothing until we pick up. Then I waste 30-45min waiting on them to take measurements.

We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatenCoolair View Post
    Double check the paperwork on the collector box confirm its the right orifice size for your model. I had a luxaire where i changed the clear leaky collector to the new black one. I didnt realize some of the luxaire inducers had the snap in interchangeble plastic orifices . I was getting a whistle that wasnt there before collector swap and pressure switch was making and breaking. Pulled the inducer again and popped out the inducer ring and all was good .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    yea that was one of the first thing we checked but we matched the furnace model (or serial, one of them) with the office size on the collector box and they all lined up, and in this case no whistle or removable orifice on either the collector box or venter motor.

thanks for the suggestion though !!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    I look forward to you posting the resolve, ill look in on this thread "many posters" just come to the site with an issue and want their belly rubbed and told they are not stupid..... you actually want answers and are willing to take them in an "whole hearted manner" you will be a good tech operating in this fashion.. I'm sure you are already. there are a lot of very smart folks on this wedsite. its the best site in the world I'm sure. you belong here

I appreciate that, thanks ! i will for sure post the resolve and let you guys know how it goes, and all the replys and help is awesome, i like the community and how willing everyone is to help !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrash View Post
    Call on your way. Corporations put key dealers up front and wait times can be excessive. We get 2.5-3hrs in the thick of it & part of the problem is people call us, wait & do literally nothing until we pick up. Then I waste 30-45min waiting on them to take measurements.

thats good to know, ill definitely take advantage of that, thanks !

Post Likes
    I appreciate that, thanks ! i will for sure post the resolve and let you guys know how it goes, and all the replys and help is awesome, i like the community and how willing everyone is to help !
    well its the truth... I actually feel like we crossed a couple lines in open forum... you should have a pro membership.... I got one in 2011 I was getting calls from 10 year ppl I know about equipment ive never even seen.... lets do this I know you can help others on the site or help yourself this site could conservatively be worth millions to you over a lifetime. hvac is a large field afterall

12. Likes Puksley liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So did you ever figure out the solution to this problem? I have the exact model unit acting the same way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by M45537 View Post
    So did you ever figure out the solution to this problem? I have the exact model unit acting the same way.
    after 3+ years I hope so!

10-28-2016, 12:52 AM

Post Likes
    Good luck with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    If this is a Modulating Furnace, it sounds like your pressure Transducer is not reading properly. The .67" pressure switch is only used as a reference and is not the primary pressure switch, the Transducer is what is used as the primary pressure switch. You need to "T" a manometer in line with the transducers vacuum tube at 0" wc you should read .25VDC between the black and green wire going to the transducer. If you get a higher reading it will reflect a higher vent pressure before the startup sequence and you will get the 2 flash code.

Post Likes
    Have you read the last two post ?

Post Likes
    I read the last two posts, not very enlightening nor professional.

Fortunately I was able to troubleshoot and find the problem.

Post Likes
    I read the last two posts, not very enlightening nor professional.

Fortunately I was able to troubleshoot and find the problem.
    The point of the previous two posts is that after 3 years we consider it a DEAD THREAD.

Additionally, site rules prohibit giving DIY advice.

Plus, when Asking Our Pros, the post belongs in the AOP forum.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    The point of the previous two posts is that after 3 years we consider it a DEAD THREAD.

Additionally, site rules prohibit giving DIY advice.

Plus, when Asking Our Pros, the post belongs in the AOP forum.
    Then what is the point of this whole system? Isn't to learn from others, isn't that what makes this a valuable forum? Plus I did not ask for advice, I asked if he ever figured out the problem.

It may be a dead thread but I am sure if the guys email is still active he received an email that a comment was received on the thread, the same as you and I are receiving emails now on the post. I would suggest that DEAD THREADS be locked from further comment.

I did not realizing I was asking a pro because the thread is in the "General Discussion" section of the site.

Post Likes
    From the site rules:

"Equipment Owners- Guests are allowed to post questions to our industry professionals relating to help with your existing issues or future equipment strategies. You may do so within the AOP Forum. AOP stands for Ask Our Pro. You will find a section for residential, commercial as well as other topics. This is an open forum where a Guest may interact with our Professional Members. This is the only area open for posting by our Guests for equipment information.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    Then what is the point of this whole system? Isn't to learn from others, isn't that what makes this a valuable forum? Plus I did not ask for advice, I asked if he ever figured out the problem.

It may be a dead thread but I am sure if the guys email is still active he received an email that a comment was received on the thread, the same as you and I are receiving emails now on the post. I would suggest that DEAD THREADS be locked from further comment.

I did not realizing I was asking a pro because the thread is in the "General Discussion" section of the site.
    And right under where it says General Discussion.

It says: Any topic. **HOMEOWNERS, Please ask your questions in the AOP forum**

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in