+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: York Question

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    The Sunline series of RTUs are one of the biggest piles of crap to ever hit the industry. They are pretty much the worst RTU still in production, they have solved most of the stupid issues with them though. Everything else with the York/JCI badge I have no problem with. I try to stay in predator tonnage range with RTUs.
    Yes...... they were nightmares. The worst part was I had a high static unit installed at a NY Sports Club in Hicksville Long Island & the curb was installed tight to the steel with extra insulation and rubber roof. I could not build a deep enough trap to overcome the static. Attempted to utilize a 1"×4" PVC coupling to build a 4" PVC trap, that didn't work so I experimented with opening the economizer up to nearly 30% before it would drain correctly. Luckily the space was relatively open & I could close the rest of the fresh air dampers down to compensate for the extra ambient air. They had an indoor pool with a Dectron that was never really working correctly & the extra fresh air helped the exhaust in there big time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrash View Post
    Gotta go and make it a race thing don't ya. Lol.

It took two times reading, to catch that Amos!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

3. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    Sounds like a round about way of doing things.

Computer circuits now controlling our equipment.

But this makes it difficult to test aux & e-heat during maintenance if the temp is in the 50's or 60's.
    Use the York guard board as your duel fuel board. Install the optional bonnet sensor. And the York guard will start the furnace 30 seconds before the heat pump goes into defrost. So the customer doesn't get a lot of cold air blowing out before the furnace ignites its burners.

If the heat pump has a heat call for more then 4 hours continuous, the York guard will bring on the aux heat, to protect the home/structure from freezing,

Testing aux and or emergency heat is easy. Just jumper the aux or emergency wire at air handler that goe to W1 and or W2 in.

5. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    It took two times reading, to catch that Amos!
    Ah! Sprichst du Deutsch? Ich bin seit meiner Oma kein Amos. Sehr schlau.

We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    They aren't terrible, techs just don't take the time to understand the controls.

The Yorkguard does all kinds of things that make it more efficient than any other defrost control. Only problem is when they break they're expensive to replace. It even does dual fuel with a regular thermostat with no additional accessories (outdoor sensor). You just have to wire it up properly which no one ever does.
    Yup. I really like the York controls but only people with more experience know how to use them. Everyone else installs it wrong without reading the manual and then complains when it doesn't work as intended. To bad York jacked their prices up 40% or else I would still be installing their stuff. I had to move to other suppliers after they got greedy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    Yup. I really like the York controls but only people with more experience know how to use them. Everyone else installs it wrong without reading the manual and then complains when it doesn't work as intended. To bad York jacked their prices up 40% or else I would still be installing their stuff. I had to move to other suppliers after they got greedy.
    The LX line (mid-tier) is fairly priced. They even have a 5 stage inverter in that line. The affinity line is overpriced, we rarely use anything out of that line. Usually I get better efficiencies with LX equipment.

We had some problems with our York distributer so we are now Coleman dealers (exact same equipment with different sticker).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in