View Poll Results: Lennox boiler, navien, navien combi boiler, air duct conversion

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lennox boiler GWB8-IE standard efficiency

1 20.00%
  • Lennox boiler GWB9-IH high-efficiency

0 0%
  • Navien NHB

0 0%
  • Navien combi

4 80.00%
  • Air duct conversion

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    And dont forget that most areas (even around me) dont allow HWTs to be used for space heating. Many manufacturers dont allow it either.

Post Likes
    Most of the ones I see say 'approved for space heating' right on them. <g> The tank variety I mean.

I called Tagaki and asked about heating with mine. They told me it's OK but will shorten the life. I don't heat with fresh water though - so I'm not sure that their advice applies well to my application.

Did you mean tank or tankless? Where are you? NY? Do you know Why HWH are not allowed for space heating in your area?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    And dont forget that most areas (even around me) dont allow HWTs to be used for space heating. Many manufacturers dont allow it either.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Western NY. Licensing, permits, and codes are controlled by each city, town, and village. There are some state and county codes that supersede the local codes. Additionally, there are some unregulated and unincorporated areas.

Most of the tanks Ive dealt with state right on the face/boiler plate "not for space heating". We can do whatever we want with a tankless/combi system. Most inspectors here frown on combi-tank-potable/heating application.

You're luck that you get to use tanks for heating. It would make a LOT of jobs around here less costly and easier.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234