Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    In the past Ive added standing s-cleat perpendicular to the duct length. It will help tremendously. You can add as many as you need, where ever you need to reinforce the ductwork. Its generally needed most on the widest ducts in the longest segments.

The TDL connections are awesome, but thats more for original connections, probably too late now, but the standing s-cleat will provide the same duct stiffening features, and can be added without taking the duct work apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent! Thank you. Backs up hedrash.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

2. Likes hedrash liked this post
    Post Likes
    An inexpensive test would be to turn the fan to "ON" before the service starts and see if that "fixes" it.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

4. Likes Core_d, maka, VTP99, mnbvcxz, mrkelly, SkullMonkey liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    An inexpensive test would be to turn the fan to "ON" before the service starts and see if that "fixes" it.
    Actually, that isn't a bad idea. Just run constant fan until service is over. They didn't tell us about excessive noise while running.

6. Likes chillerout1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    Actually, that isn't a bad idea. Just run constant fan until service is over. They didn't tell us about excessive noise while running.
    Plus then they would get the required fresh air if there are outside air dampers. Then again the boom should help keep them awake.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Plus then they would get the required fresh air if there are outside air dampers. Then again the boom should help keep them awake.
    Funny, their original install did not allow for ANY fresh air exchange, and they still don't have any. I brought that up with them the first time I was in the church. I don't know if the original contractor failed to follow engineering plans or what happened. I'd like to get a CO2 meter and test the air during services to show them how bad the air quality is. The real problem might not be the noise, but that people are getting "cranky" because of poor air quality.

9. Likes hedrash liked this post
    Post Likes
    Yeah..... until you bring up the fact that ASHRAE suggests 20cfm per person. If you've got 150 people, that's 3000cfm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    I think I had calculated that 25% of the air supply from each unit should be fresh air. Two fifteen ton AH's at 6,000 CFM each. Maximum occupancy is around the 150 you stated.

12. Likes hedrash liked this post
    Post Likes
    You can get that down to 12.5% fresh air for each unit or 15% on the high side. Think 25% would be too much.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    I agree w/ jayguy, put the fan in the "on" position during services. Then depending on conditions,why is the AC cycling so much that the fan start up noise is bothersome?

20 something years ago ,one of our local electrical supply houses had a "morning heat up" problem. The heat fired up, the heat exchanger got hot,then the fan control/limit brought the fan on, then the cold return air overpowered the fan limit and the fan cycled off, then around 11:00 AM the bldg started to warm up.Since most of the "trades" deal w/ the Revco Electrical Supply House ,they had LOTS of "experts" to get advise from. Now I'm NOT a expert today so I sure as hell was not an expert 20 years ago.I was at the supply house w/ my Electrician Buddy. So, I said put the t'stat fan switch into the "on"position. They said OK,do it, I did it, and then they (counterguys) got warmish.And ever since then I have several new friends that gave me good service when ever I needed electrical parts.

Post Likes
    Terry, I haven't been in the building when they had a high occupancy. The closest ceiling supply registers (30' high) to the air handler are directly above the t-stats . The maintenance person took out the dampers to reduce the squeaking sound they made. So, we might now have a case of short cycling with a high volume of conditioned air dropping straight down past the t-stats to the return grills.

Post Likes
    Just run the Blowers ON thru the Service.
    We have 4 30 tons and just let them roll until.
    Easier than all the hubbub of on & off during.
    Less on the light bill to run than the inrush of start up.
    No matter how long you have been doing this,
    Go back and reread the Basic's.You WILL Learn something.
    Why is it called,an Act of GOD when IT has Nothing to do with Him?
    Will of the Devil would be more appropriate IMO.Just Saying.
    PSALMS, 18 & 25.
    I am Tired of High Efficiency Propaganda.

17. Likes David Goodman liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12