Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes

Sales techs......

So I've been to two new customers houses this week. Both called us after having another known company with "sales techs" out to their houses for the $39.00 p/m. Both calls were completely identical. No granted in these pictures the furnace is a 1989 carrier with a replaced Goodman condensing unit. And yes the furnace "should" come out for age alone but everything is intact and they want to roll the dice. Anyways both p/ms turned into needing full system replacements because the heat exchangers were cracked (false) and the compressors just to happened to go bad while they were there. How convent. You can see from the pictures. The R and Y wires clearly cut and take a look at the condensing unit. The h/o said they never even pulled the cover off it. When I asked how they knew the compressor was bad they were told "I can tell by the sound. Me personally I'd like to take techs like this, line them all up and well you can figure out the rest. Unbelievable. Oh BTW the other customers system was 8 yrs old. A rheem system if I remember correctly.

Post Likes
    Wow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Some people have no morals. When you get em all lined up, call me, I'll give you a hand.

Post Likes
    Roger that. I've seen a lot of stuff. As we all have. The worst part is I wish I could say this was the first time I've seen things along these lines.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Would it be the company that has giant orange trucks with an ugly old man on the side?

Post Likes
    No sir. More along the lines of white trucks with green letters on it. 7 letters.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Oooh, Ive seen those too The ones written in emerald green?

Post Likes
    Why yes sir. You are correct.

9. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    This would be a case where I would set up a camera and catch these sh!ts.
    It would be simple to do and help our industry, I think.

There has been a time or two when I wondered if I was on the backside of a call like this. Really obvious simple issue like cut/broken wires, bad batteries, or the like.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    never seen it that bad but, a popular company around here is very good at seeing cracks in the heat exchange by removing the limit switch. they are even kind enough to do this free inspection in the middle of a hot +ss summer

12. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    This would be a case where I would set up a camera and catch these sh!ts.
    It would be simple to do and help our industry, I think.

There has been a time or two when I wondered if I was on the backside of a call like this. Really obvious simple issue like cut/broken wires, bad batteries, or the like.
    I don't remember what it was or when for that matter but I swear I remember watching some kind of documentary about people setting up problems on Equiptment and then calling companies out to fix or quote them. It was with a news company recording it. Was pretty good. Something like 1 in 3 were actually truthful with the homeowner.

14. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    never seen it that bad but, a popular company around here is very good at seeing cracks in the heat exchange by removing the limit switch. they are even kind enough to do this free inspection in the middle of a hot +ss summer
    Hey you need to make your own work if no one is calling you for service right? Isint that how it works? Oh wait

Post Likes
    But why not charge them now for a service call plus time and material for repair at a fair rate. Then you have a customer for life and replace the unit when it really quits.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast