+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Rover to ZN.510 Issues

Post Likes

Trane Rover to ZN.510 Issues

Hello. I'm having trouble connecting a Trane loaner laptop to the com. Using a Windows Dell laptop from Trane. Connecting via their usb Echelon adapter to a cable that plugs into a RJ11 protection module with Alligator clips. There is no com key port or RJ11 port on the board. The board is a Tracer ZN.510 controller. I've tried connecting the alligator clips to TB 1-6 with no results. I have a feeling I'm not landing the alligator clips in the right manor ? But I've tried switching, stripping the com back a little and landing on the wire, landing on the terminals with com connected, with com disconnected ... I get a send (tx) light that blinks but no receive (Rx). The instructions are outdated and the Lonworks Interfaces software is not like the instructions. The instructions ask for a USB tab, but that's no present. The stat on the wall does not have the RJ11 plug , it's a 6400-2325-01.

The company I work for is attempting to save money by not having Trane train me on the software. The software part would be fine... if I was able to connect to the equipment. I can't see / discover anything in either the Lonworks interfaces or the Rover software. I think I'm not hooking up the Echelon correctly or I'm not configuring it properly in Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    No response from Trane, left two messages. Lonworks wink successful. But com comes back Reset - 20 internal.

Post Likes
    Are you sure its not a ZN520 board? The 520 doesn't have a key port.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in