Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I know what you are saying but if you see it in person you will see that the flapper is designed so that if it fails for any reason it would fail in the open position due to the spring design.

Take a look at it if you get a chance. Also the entire Flapper assembly has been tested iby being submerged in bleach which is changed every two weeks for over a year and a half without damaging it.

Let me know what you think. I also made the flapper work in only one direction because I didnt want anyone blowing into the drain pan with hi pressure. They can if they use the adaptor if desired.

Post Likes
    Very creative,well thought out,unlike some cheap info commercial product.Can tell it was done by some one who knows the business and cares!This Industry needs more People like You! Congratulations!

Post Likes
    Z,
    If you are in an area that I have a sales rep I can have him come by to demo the cleanouts and float switches and give you some samples to test out. Let me know.
    I can tell you I spent over 25 years in the field (mainly hot attics in Florida lol). I would never put out a product to guys doing HVAC that I wouldn't buy and use myself and I am picky about what I buy.

Post Likes
    Thank you!! I appreciate that a lot!

Post Likes
    And there is always a hose within easy reach of the INDOOR coil!!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

6. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    And there is always a hose within easy reach of the INDOOR coil!!!!
    ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    ?
    You show cleaning this out with an attachment on the end of a garden hose sprayer.

In the house, where do you propose to attach the hose?

Hello, Mr/Mrs Homeowner. I need to drag this hose through your house. Is that okay?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    There are many options that are given using these cleanouts. Nitrogen, CO2, WetVac, Or Water pressure. In many areas (such as mine in Florida) the units are in garages or in laundry rooms off of a garage that allows a garden hose to be used. I have seen Techs tap off of water heaters and sink faucets that are close to the unit. Although it is not always available or practical the use of water to flush out the drain line is very effective. These are options I felt are good to have for guys in the field. I have been there and would rather have more options than less. Hope this makes sense of why I designed all of it.
    If you look at the AA1 I included a pin that can hold the flapper down to act like a shut off valve. I did it for the rare occasions you have 2 units drain lines tied together and normally you would have to cap off one line and blow out the other. This allows you to do it without having to cut and cap the line. My point is it only cost a few cents me to add it to the product but when and if you need it can and will save a lot of time and mess. Look at that part in the video https://youtu.be/l6PsgVfbkog

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    You show cleaning this out with an attachment on the end of a garden hose sprayer.

In the house, where do you propose to attach the hose?

Hello, Mr/Mrs Homeowner. I need to drag this hose through your house. Is that okay?

Post Likes
    I just wanted to add that this new code is in effect in a lot of states now and is meant to give service techs an easier access to service the line without having to cut it or pull it apart. It helps to show why I came out with these different devices. They are very inexpensive and definitely a time saver.
    New IMC Code (307.2.5) and IRC (M1411.3.3) "DRAIN LINE MAINTENANCE"
    Condensate drain lines shall be configured to allow the clearing of blockages and performance of maintenance without having to cut the line.

Post Likes
    There's no question that in a lot of situations its very helpful to have a clean out but has anyone ever heard of a wet vac. If the drain line terminates outside which pretty much all new construction does, then there would more than likely never be a need to cut the drain line for service assuming it's piped correctly. Blowing nitro into the drain line should only be done as a last resort & never as a standard clean out procedure. Sucking out the drain line in one direction is a much better clearing method than pushing anything back into the unit. There are going to be times when a vacuum isn't strong enough but rarely & it is certainly adequate for routine maintenance. If I were an inspector I would interpret any drain line open at the outside of the building to be a means of service to clean out blockages & perform maintenance without having to cut the line.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    I agree with the suction method and in fact the original inventor and I had developed the product now called Mighty Pump for that reason. The only problem is the code calls for performance of maintenance as well as clearing the line. Also in many areas the line terminates in hard to reach places outside or in some places to an indoor drain.
    The cleanouts I designed allow for the use of a wet vac inside the home from both directions. Also I designed the AA1 to allow only up to 30 psi to be used before the flapper automatically opens so it protects the line from over pressure damage. The flapper in it must be removed to clear the lone going into the unit so that debris is not pushed into the pan.
    I cleared thousands of drains in my 25 years of being a s florida contractor. I know all about it and have had my share of condensate nightmares.
    Thanks for the great feedback and if you would like I can send you a sample of any of my products you might be interested in.

Post Likes
    Garyed,
    I forgot to ask if they adopted and started to enforce the code yet in your area.
    Soaker

Post Likes
    I agree there are definitely a lot of places where the clean out device is needed. Most everyone uses the EZ trap around here & I'm not sure if the inspectors enforce the code or consider that to be compliant. I've never asked but code enforcement really depends on the inspector & in which city around here. We have three different cities & a county that interpret & enforce things differently all within a half hour drive. It seems like they all come up with something different every time they go to a class. Things like insulating the liquid lines, venting the drain line, PVC cleaner on our pipe connections are not standard for all but some make you do it.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast