Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes

How Many Service Calls Do You Average In A Day?

I'm curios. Especially for the people who run mostly restaurants on how many service calls you average per day. Obviously some calls take all day and others take 15 minutes just wondering what the overall picture is on average.
    Training is a forever thing in a good technician’s life.

I sell knowledge in the form of hours.

Post Likes
    If I average all my calls for a week. Less than 1 call per day.

3. Likes lkapigian liked this post.
    Post Likes
    When I did refrigeration and food service I would run between 3 and 7 per day. A lot depended on drive time to and from and severity of problem/repair.

5. Likes UmmScott, Asm Mechanical liked this post.
    Post Likes
    weekly average service work 20.

Post Likes
    20-25/week resi/light commercial.

Post Likes
    that,s a good average marc

9. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Since this is the internet, I do between 15 and 20 per day. Supertech!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

11. Likes digitalinput, aquadave liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Between 1 & 5 usually 3+

Post Likes
    Probably four is a decent average for an eight hour day. But it can and does vary greatly. Really depends on the type of work you're doing. Restaurant work can get greasy and nasty; just cleaning stuff and working around others feet adds time to every call.

Post Likes
    During the HOT time of the summer when the phone will NOT be quiet... maybe 5-6-7... SIX days a week... with 2-4 on Sunday.
    Traffic here is HORRIBLE... and I generally am more thorough than a cap or a gas and go ;at each call.
    Higher $$$ value per call, and usually no call back due to resolving the reason WHY the item failed (clean the system to avoid another compressor cap popping).

The rest of the summer 3-4-5... 5 days a week with 2-4 on Saturday and hopefully none on Sunday.

Rest of the year 3-4... 5 days a week and maybe 1 on the weekend.

Generally, by mid November... it is mostly emergency only until after the first of the year.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

15. Likes jasin1890 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    There's also a big difference between air conditioning and refrigeration. And whether commercial or residential. For commercial A/C, if it's a package unit and dealing with a property management company, you can knock out a whole bunch in one day because you are only there to figure out what is wrong then wait for the approval in writing before you really do much.

With refrigeration, which is what this thread is in, when it breaks, they want/need it repaired. Typically various accounts will have a not to exceed. Or if it is an old piece of self contained equipment, it is often better to give the owner the option of replacing it.

Similarly, with refrigeration, you learn what to carry. And you become rather creative if you don't have what you need. Or you just drive and get the part. Which is pretty easy for me because of where I live. But I've seen posts on here where guys talk about how far away a wholesaler is. But the bigger point here is that you need to spend more time on a refrigeration service call because of defrosting frozen evaps, waiting/watching through a defrost cycle, there is product to be lost, money [customer sales] not being made, or any combination of those.

17. Likes Core_d, lytning liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I do quite a bit of calls in a day average prolly 6. Resi and light commercial. I've done 9 or 10 and have had some call backs this summer.

Post Likes
    Between hot-side and cold-side in restaurants usually 4. But that varys greatly for all the reasons already stated.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast