Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Stage 1 vs Stage 2

Indoor Cooling Coil Temps - shouldn't the Delta be the same for Both Stages and the Coil Temperature the Same , after all
    The Air has Slowed Down . I have a system where the stage 1 Coil Temp is 12 Degrees warmer the Stage 2 Coil Temp ..

Also any of You Installer's Program Your Own ECM - Motors ?

Looks GE the 3.0 ECM is Offering - stand alone - Real Time Programming . VS Gentag anyhow ..

Post Likes
    Is the entire system 2-stage?

Post Likes
    Sounds like the low stage fan setting may be too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Larger evap capacity,higher suction pressure & temp,less comp capacity,even slowing the blower won't equate to a proper split like Full capacity.
    Think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    about, IT.

In order for 1st stage to actually perform,you would need 'around 100-250 CFM per ton in Reality depending on the Evap's capacity as some ECM equipment,such as Carrier have the Evaps 'rated' from 2.0-3.5 in a single A/H depending on Condenser applied and being able to have more adjustment available.
    Then,your 'trying' to 'adjust' a '13 which is essentially,a multi tap PSC motor only 'fancier' but in essence,the Same thing as.
    No matter how long you have been doing this,
    Go back and reread the Basic's.You WILL Learn something.
    Why is it called,an Act of GOD when IT has Nothing to do with Him?
    Will of the Devil would be more appropriate IMO.Just Saying.
    PSALMS, 18 & 25.
    I am Tired of High Efficiency Propaganda.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    Indoor Cooling Coil Temps - shouldn't the Delta be the same for Both Stages and the Coil Temperature the Same , after all
    The Air has Slowed Down . I have a system where the stage 1 Coil Temp is 12 Degrees warmer the Stage 2 Coil Temp ..

Also any of You Installer's Program Your Own ECM - Motors ?

Looks GE the 3.0 ECM is Offering - stand alone - Real Time Programming . VS Gentag anyhow ..
    And the coil temperatures are ??????
    Go for the 30^F spit on both stages.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Air Handler is 100% Variable so It seems it would be Fully Adjustable .
    Secondly Newer Gentag are Programmable so It seems Stage 1 is Off .

So Stage 1 Coil Temp should be ver Close to Stage 2 Coils - Temp - just Different amount of Air Flow , is that Correct ?

Stage1 Coil Temp 62-64 Degrees
    Stage 2 Coil Temp 52 Degree mostly some fluctuation 2 degree either way .. for short Periods .

Post Likes
    Knowing Trane Used ECM's 2.3 & 2.5 - so - There are @ Least about 16 Different Settings approx ?
    Serial communication of the ECM 2.5 motor Which Pretty sure is Inside this 2015 Model _ Inside Split 100% variable Trane Air Handler ?

25% to 100% of the max CFM the module is programmed in 5% increments Which are left Up to the ( Manufacture to SET )
    It's Possible then the Settings are Off - Hence Stage 1 to Warm - I can Only Assume - I don't even like using that word ..
    25% Min. on 4 Ton would be Equal to 100 CFM min. , so 12 - 14 Degrees Drop on stage 1 Looks to be Possible - are
    We Headed down the Correct Road _ Needs some Better Factory Settings ?

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    multi stage and true variable work, but never perfectly untill we start installing variable sized ductwork.

sad when a system works good in high stage but in low stage the velocity is just too low for the longest runs to throw air.

yes i understand a system designed correctly this is minimized to where it does in fact work. i just dont see that all that often.

sorry just ranting
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

10. Likes washer liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post
    multi stage and true variable work, but never perfectly untill we start installing variable sized ductwork.

sad when a system works good in high stage but in low stage the velocity is just too low for the longest runs to throw air.

yes i understand a system designed correctly this is minimized to where it does in fact work. i just dont see that all that often.

sorry just ranting
    I Understand Your Rant - about being in 2 Places @ Same Time

This is about - DealerToolBox and Selecting the Correct mating Components and Settings ..

ECM 2.5 ( Trane Genteg ) should be adjustable in 5% Increments .. Stage 1 would run much Longer If the Coil was Cool and
    De_humidification much Better also .

Coil is Large enough to Pull Heat Over to the Cooler Spot ( If one is Present ) Air Flow in Stage 1 is Very Steady . .
    Not Concerned with Amount of Air Flow to Up Stairs / First Air has to be Correct so It's Comfortable and Stops Damaging
    Fine Furniture !

( Constant Swings in Humidity Output - Non Stop - Will Damage Furniture )

Anyone have the Wiring Diagram for the Pins ?

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    I Understand Your Rant -pretty sure you dont about being in 2 Places @ Same Time

This is about - DealerToolBox and Selecting the Correct mating Components and Settings ..

ECM 2.5 ( Trane Genteg ) should be adjustable in 5% Increments .. Stage 1 would run much Longer If the Coil was Cool and
    De_humidification much Better also .

Coil is Large enough to Pull Heat Over to the Cooler Spot ( If one is Present ) Air Flow in Stage 1 is Very Steady . .
    Not Concerned with Amount of Air Flow to Up Stairs well i am. if there is insuficient air flow upstairs, there are unhappy home owners / First Air has to be Correct so It's Comfortable and Stops Damaging
    Fine Furniture !

( Constant Swings in Humidity Output - Non Stop - Will Damage Furniture )

Anyone have the Wiring Diagram for the Pins ?

maybe I was unclear at first, my rant is more towards true variable furnaces with a HUGE turn down ratio being installed in single zoned multi level homes. as the quantity of air is greatly diminished for the large degree of turn down, the velocity at the register face many times drops below the point where the register can effectively throw air.

again "variable sized ductwork"

ps dealers tool box should have the wiring diagrams of the pins, ive seen it there before
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    You might find issues with register velocity and throw on 2 stage units running on low but since with most low is 75% or so of high, won't be a real big deal. BUT, you slap an inverter unit in and running 30% capacity, the throw is going to be way off. Around here, so many registers are in the floor or low wall. Not gonna see much cooling out of them. And most of our 2 story homes have the furnace or air handler upflow in the basement or downflow on the 1st floor, the 2nd floor doesn't cool well with 100% capacity. What happens if capacity is reduced to 75%, or 30%? ??? ? ? ? Inverter units really need matching zone controls to work well.

14. Likes ch4man liked this post
    Post Likes
    Stage1 is Throwing 1100 CFM , so it needs to be Lower . Going another Step down on the Dip Switches for Just Stage 1
    If that's a Possibility I didn't Know that ?

I Believe going another step down on Dip switches may get Stages Cooler , and help with Humidity some , But It seems the Same
    Temperature Difference between ( Stage 1 & Stage 2 ) would still be Same Large Ratio - causing - Swings Humidity .

Cold Stage 2 Duck Work and then Warmer stage 1 - 12 Degrees is Pushing Water Condensation Into the Colder Duck Work .

Seems Maintaining Closely Matched Coil Temp - No Matter what Stage - would be a Priority !

Approx 800 CFM should give a Closer - Temperature Match - Nice and Steady - Slow & Even Temps - coming Off the Coil and Throughout Home ??

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP Residential.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast