Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    No Aluminum around Here - Except - the Main Feed Wire from Pole Transformer
    it's VERY common here as most houses are older than 100 years.

Electric Co will come out and place a Surge Protector on that Line to Home for $30.00 a 1 time Fee - which is Good
    for Large Spikes .
    studies have shown it is good for ONE spike, even if it reads "good" afterwards it should be replaced. The question is, did it handle a surge?

They say that the Pole Transformer somewhat - Controls Surges like Lighting Strikes . Read ( Huge ) but all the Others get through .
    what they say and what is reality is very different.

Lost all the Equipment 1 yr. ago . Believe Me it Hurt and the Insurance Companies want to Rape You .
    Spent about 3 months Down - as the Electric was Toast also , Plus Complete Rip Out , Gas Line etc. - Lost a Month
    just getting Good Help .
    Perhaps you have the wrong insurance, and gas line....

As I have No Lic. for any of this - back in the Day - one wasn't needed ..
    Today isnt "back in the day". I dont care if you're old or young. Become legal and updated educationally.

Post Likes
    oh no, it's thundering here....

im going to check my transformer and loose wiring

Post Likes
    OK Really Big Equipment putting High Hit Loads - Over & Over . . could see that . . Large Commercial Equipment .

No Aluminum around Here - Except - the Main Feed Wire from Pole Transformer - it's way over sized , Checked Supposedly .
    Electric Co will come out and place a Surge Protector on that Line to Home for $30.00 a 1 time Fee - which is Good
    for Large Spikes .
    They say that the Pole Transformer somewhat - Controls Surges like Lighting Strikes . Read ( Huge ) but all the Others get through .

I have Placed a Sq. D Personally in the Main Box and another in the Sub Panel for the All Equipment coming from Kitchen
    this also Includes Air Handler & Furnace .

Lost all the Equipment 1 yr. ago . Believe Me it Hurt and the Insurance Companies want to Rape You .
    Spent about 3 months Down - as the Electric was Toast also , Plus Complete Rip Out , Gas Line etc. - Lost a Month
    just getting Good Help .

As I have No Lic. for any of this - back in the Day - one wasn't needed .. Old Guy .
    seriously dude, slow down. Type out your thoughts in complete sentences and use FULL WORDS, stop abbreviating everything. Im getting a headache trying to read this crap.

also, at the lower right you will see three buttons. [post quick reply] ~~~ [Go advanced] ~~~[cancel]

go to [go advanced] type in your thoughts and then hit [preview post] ~~~ this will give you a chance to read your post BEFORE you post. That will save everyone a big headache and you won't sound like certain members that shall remain nameless {corny}
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    NO NO NO.... just hit CANCEL for EVERY post

Post Likes
    QualityAssure, so many points, so many incorrect conclusions and assumptions. Your are misinformed on many issues.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    QualityAssure, so many points, so many incorrect conclusions and assumptions. Your are misinformed on many issues.
    LOL U don't Know how to Read everything and Think then You read to much into what some are saying
    then all You try to do is Criticize instead of Offering Real Solutions or Enlightenment . .

Oh is that word to Big for U

History says :

They were all Dim Light Bulbs so they got Out Screwed & Taken to the Dump !

Post Likes
    LOL U don't Know how to Read everything and Think then You read to much into what some are saying
    then all You try to do is Criticize instead of Offering Real Solutions or Enlightenment . .

History says :

Shh.. your making yourself look bad.

sent using crapatalk.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes

History says :

Clover? is tHAT YOu?

9. Likes hurtinhvac, HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Lol..

sent using crapatalk.
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes

Electrical Surges , Bad Switch Over ,

The above Issues are Plentiful in the South .. and Electrical Company's don't want to You to Know . .

Why Your Equipment really Burned out ..

Always Check Your Connections in the Shut Off , Main Box , have it Inspected to ( YCA ) or they will do their Best to Blame
    Your Home ..

http://www.thewanderman.com/2012/03/electrical-surges-spikes-and-brownouts.html

Post Likes

Causes and Effects of Transient Voltages

Causes and Effects of Transient Voltages

http://barktech.com/wp-content/uploa...t-Voltages.pdf

READ IT FOR YOUR SELF !

Seems the Truth is being Kept for U Home Owners ..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Okay. I read some more, and he used the term, "Hydro." That's a Canadian term for power companies, thanks to Niagara Falls Generating Station.
    Not just Niagara Falls more than half of all power generated here is hydroelectric. Brownouts are also incredibly rare.

Anyway the idea of power spikes or surges damaging equipment is just bizarre. All equipment is made with a +/- range for electrical needs because while the o.p is possibly retarded power does fluctuate and this is known as "power quality" (look it up) and manufacturers know it and design equipment accordingly. If you need a perfectly stable power supply because you work in a lab or whatever there is equipment you can buy to maintain it but to my knowledge nothing in the HVAC industry is that sensitive and HVAC equipment is certainly tougher than a TV or laptop which I don't see bursting into flames on a daily basis. This whole thing has the same ring of untruth as those junk emails about Obama secretly trying to sell Idaho to ISIS or Canola oil causing tumours.

Post Likes
    Merged threads.

The AOP forums are for people to ask questions about their equipment. Not for general ranting.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast