Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    From Input from any others , about Lost Equipment and Issues Repeating over and Over .

My First ? to all of them was Why are the Cable Grounds and - Under Grd. Telephone line under ground 40 Yr. Old HD Copper - all - being Grd to each Homes Main Grd from Main Electrical Box.. well Daaaa ground Spikes backing up - into Home Main Box .

Hell Lets tie in Everyone's Well Pumps also .
    LOL and If they have back up Power lets Grd that to the Neighbors Main Box or the Telephone CO Under Grd ( Grd )

Why the random capitalization? Do you purposely make your posts hard to read?
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes

3. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    WOW!

QualtyAssure, what's your angle here, you asking a question? trying to provide information? trying to get information? Seems like you are trying to get customers for you to assist with insurance or claims against power companies. I'm not saying there is never any issues with electric power but not to the degree you are talking about.

I got to tell you, you have some conceptions that are just not correct

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    This guy's on crack. And not the sweet, wet, juicy kind

Post Likes
    Just Provided some Additional Input . Other then Oh - You have Loose Connections and Your $5K - 10K in Equipment is Toast due to a Loose Connection .
    So Buy a New One .

There seems to a be a lot of Power coming from Nuclear power , TN The Hydro Power was put installed in the 40's and 50's so a lot of it is Pretty Old.

They Do Switch Overs Everyday .

They Don't always get it Correct . This comes from a Guy that works from local Electrical CO .

TIME BUILDER : has been the Only Logical Response , but was Open Ended with No Meaning as to His statement .

?'s

Your Definition of a Few Short Duration Hits - is that like 20 - 30 over a 2 yr. Period ( Approx )

Your Definition of a Short Duration Transients ? ( What is Transient ) Hit ? Are You referring to Voltage Variations ?

The Rest don't have anything but Personal Attacks . Really that's Bullies and Kids Stuff ..

There are Real Reasons for Loose Wires - 85% - of it isn't the Home Owner , so Why the Hell - should they Pay for It .. ?_?_?_?

Now the Other - Sarcastic Remarks of Mine meant to be Funny about how they Grd Items in this Area .. Well just look up Good grounding Practices . Certainly all 3 : Telephone , Cable and Your Electric aren't Suppose to be on the same Grd. - but entire Area has BS like this ..

Finally I Added - How a Home owner should be Protecting Him self and Equipment - seems - there are a lot
    Not sticking Up for their Customers .. sure Pissed off a few - WOW

I Thought Protecting the Customer - was being a True - Customer Service and Rep ..

8. Dislikes kdean1, HVAC_Marc disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Quality Assure,
    I have asked politely why you make your posts difficult to read. I'm sorry my public school education handicapped me by teaching such standard things as punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. When written in the standard form, I easily interpret the writer's meaning. Since you deliberately eschew that form, I choose to ignore your posts.
    Ken
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

10. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Yeah , they don't have the Foggiest - a Brown Out is NOT a Surge !

Also Please Check to see How may Amps - that R22 Motor can Pull and Remain COOL . . If there isn't enough Voltage the
    Motor is Pulling more then Normal AMPS . .

I don't know, my 30+ year old Heil-Quaker is running cool as a cucumber. keeps my house at 72° with no problem. of course, we have not had a brown out in 20 years. maybe your power company should stop putting 22Kv through a 14-2 w/gr LOL

and electrical connection WILL LOOSEN on their own. Go check a 460v 3Ø magnetic starter, then go back in three months and re-check the lugs, I bet you can crank them in at least a ¼ turn~~~ especially if someone ran aluminum wire to it.

Harmonic frequency, temperature swings, variable voltages all contribute to lugs loosening up.
    PANIC
    Rarely works

12. Likes shavedneon liked this post
    Post Likes
    What are we...flypaper for freaks?
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

14. Likes VTP99, jmac00, lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes

Well just look up Good grounding Practices . Certainly all 3 : Telephone , Cable and Your Electric aren't Suppose to be on the same Grd. - but entire Area has BS like this ..

Dude, the earth is the earth. It's ALL the same ground. It's the same if I drive a rod here in Buffalo, NY and if I drive a rod somewhere in East Tennessee. The electricity only needs a quick direct path back to the nearest transformer when electrical faults occur. If there was no other electrical connection between me and you, then the fault would travel from me to you in order to equalize the fault. This can be a result of loose wiring but not electrical switching.

What you're talking about is BONDING. And yes, they all can be on the same line. Bonding is designed to equalize the electrical potential on all the connected systems. Bonding can cause some problems with certain types of pipes and wires when the connected equipment malfunctions.

Some areas allow the bonding and the ground to be connected. There are circumstances where they shouldnt be. Any good electrician would know this.

But come on, man... you sound like a lawyer trying to scare up potential cases with your mal-typed "the sky is falling" rants.

16. Likes shavedneon liked this post
    Post Likes
    throw a data logger on the incoming and let us know the results

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If there isn't enough Voltage the
    Motor is Pulling more then Normal AMPS . .
    Not necessarily. Call your electrician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I don't know, my 30+ year old Heil-Quaker is running cool as a cucumber. keeps my house at 72° with no problem. of course, we have not had a brown out in 20 years. maybe your power company should stop putting 22Kv through a 14-2 w/gr LOL

and electrical connection WILL LOOSEN on their own. Go check a 460v 3Ø magnetic starter, then go back in three months and re-check the lugs, I bet you can crank them in at least a ¼ turn~~~ especially if someone ran aluminum wire to it.

Harmonic frequency, temperature swings, variable voltages all contribute to lugs loosening up.
    OK Really Big Equipment putting High Hit Loads - Over & Over . . could see that . . Large Commercial Equipment .

No Aluminum around Here - Except - the Main Feed Wire from Pole Transformer - it's way over sized , Checked Supposedly .
    Electric Co will come out and place a Surge Protector on that Line to Home for $30.00 a 1 time Fee - which is Good
    for Large Spikes .
    They say that the Pole Transformer somewhat - Controls Surges like Lighting Strikes . Read ( Huge ) but all the Others get through .

I have Placed a Sq. D Personally in the Main Box and another in the Sub Panel for the All Equipment coming from Kitchen
    this also Includes Air Handler & Furnace .

Lost all the Equipment 1 yr. ago . Believe Me it Hurt and the Insurance Companies want to Rape You .
    Spent about 3 months Down - as the Electric was Toast also , Plus Complete Rip Out , Gas Line etc. - Lost a Month
    just getting Good Help .

As I have No Lic. for any of this - back in the Day - one wasn't needed .. Old Guy .

Post Likes

Old Guy .
    Well that lights my bulb...
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast