Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes

Post Millionaire HVAC entrepreneurs ?

Are any of you hvac millionaires? Or close to being one? I am just wondering because in the next 5-10 years I will more than likely venture out into creating my own hvac business. (I don't want y'all do think I'm just in it for the money.) I know hvac is a profitable industry, but of course you have to know what you are doing business wise. When the time comes, my business will be doing residential and commercial work.

Even if you are aren't near the millionaire status at what ballpark are a lot of small independent hvac companies in?

Anyways, do y'all know any hvac millionaires? Just being curious. By the way, yes I know it will take years to reach to million dollar mark. But, is the millionaire status possible as an hvac entrepreneur? I am located in Dallas, Texas by the way, and there is plenty of hvac work going on out here with new construction and etc.

Post Likes
    What's your definition of a millionaire? Someone who's total net worth exceeds a million dollars? Or someone who's sitting on a million liquid?
    Why limit yourself to just a million...
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    yes and I couldn't fix an ac unit if you had a gun to my head.

Post Likes
    Define millionaire please. Could you use it in a sentence, Alec?

If you want to be a "millionaire" there are many other ways that will get you there quicker with much less headache and physical labor.

5. Likes lions_lair, sparaski liked this post
    Post Likes
    Your going to bleed, sweat, be stressed both physically and mentally and have to be around lots of undesirable people and places.
    Do it long enough and you'll probably make $1 million. Now, I don't know if you'll have $1 million dollars at the same time, but you may have made that amount over time.
    No, I'm aware of no millionaire techs. I do know some greaseball greedy dishonest business owners who have big fancy houses, which will probably be taken when there business runs out from being lying scumbags.
    Get into this trade because you want to. Not because you see it as profitable and a way to make it rich.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

7. Likes baby b, lytning, sparaski liked this post
    Post Likes
    Oh yes, I am definitely getting into because I want too. Not trying to be misunderstood as a guy that's looking for a way to get rich quick.

Post Likes
    And there has to be millionaire business owners out there. The owner of Bruno's heat and air out of Florida had revenue of 11 mill.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    yes and I couldn't fix an ac unit if you had a gun to my head.
    ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Your going to bleed, sweat, be stressed both physically and mentally and have to be around lots of undesirable people and places.
    Do it long enough and you'll probably make $1 million. Now, I don't know if you'll have $1 million dollars at the same time, but you may have made that amount over time.
    No, I'm aware of no millionaire techs. I do know some greaseball greedy dishonest business owners who have big fancy houses, which will probably be taken when there business runs out from being lying scumbags.
    Get into this trade because you want to. Not because you see it as profitable and a way to make it rich.
    Oh yes, I am definitely getting into because I want too. Not trying to be misunderstood as a guy that's looking for a way to get rich quick.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Define millionaire please. Could you use it in a sentence, Alec?

If you want to be a "millionaire" there are many other ways that will get you there quicker with much less headache and physical labor.
    What other ways are you talking about? And it's simple. Can YOU become a millionaire as an hvac business owner. Not as a company. As the owner.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    What's your definition of a millionaire? Someone who's total net worth exceeds a million dollars? Or someone who's sitting on a million liquid?
    Why limit yourself to just a million...
    What you take home in a year.

Post Likes
    Having an excellent cash flow and P/L statement does not necessarily mean that your company performed shady work. There are highly successful business owners who simply know how to run profitable businesses. They may run businesses when they have no clue how to perform the front line work. What they do know is how to hire the right people to work for them.

No apology should be required or expected from a person just because they know how to be successful.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

15. Likes sparaski, jgsherrill liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Macklleven View Post
    And there has to be millionaire business owners out there. The owner of Bruno's heat and air out of Florida had revenue of 11 mill.
    Revenue isn't profit. If I bill a customer for $3000 for an A/C install that bill has to make up the cost of the A/C, wall brackets, copper for the lineset, t-stat wire, gas to and from the location, wages for the help I'd need etc. There are lots of guys making a good living and sure there are some millionaires but the same is true of people in any trade. Naturally the best way to become a millionaire is to not live like you are a millionaire work hard, spend little, save a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

17. Likes kamersoutdoor, aquadave, jgsherrill liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast