Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    How would the numbers have looked without the 30% credit ?

PHM
    --------
    Approximately 43% higher, I think.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    So won't the loss of the tax credit for geo have sales of them really plummeting?

If without the tax credit the costs are over 40% higher - doesn't the air versus geo comparison slant heavily towards the air cooled systems?

PHM
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Approximately 43% higher, I think.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    So won't the loss of the tax credit for geo have sales of them really plummeting?

If without the tax credit the costs are over 40% higher - doesn't the air versus geo comparison slant heavily towards the air cooled systems?

PHM
    --------------
    I just checked the figures I had saved and the geo was $5782 excluding the tax credit and the air cooled was $10,880, so that was a difference of $5,098. With the tax incentive, the difference came to $6843. I'm sure the air cooled would have less running costs (I was quoted a top of the line Trane), but I also got the desuperheater option, so we basically have free hot water for over half the year. I did have to buy a circulator pump and some copper tubing, etc., so I'd have to add another 300 bucks or so to the geo to be totally accurate (I did that pump installation myself). Average electric bills are maybe $125, but never more than $200. That's for a house with a little over 2,000 square feet. Overall I'm pleased. Of course I could have done better on the air cooled price if they had quoted me a less efficient model (without the variable speed compressor). I had chosen Trane for the quote because I had a house in Miami that I installed an XL19i dual-compressor, 5-ton unit at, and that was always a great A/C. I found that one on Craigslist for $1500.00 (including the matching air handler). This was the deal of a lifetime! It was just a couple of years old at the time. It's now 15 years old and has never had a single issue. My brother and his wife live in the house now ...

Post Likes
    Very Interesting as I thought the Installations in Florida would much Cheater for Geothermal compared to Rest of Country even New install as
    One is able to do Well with a Garden Hose & Pump & PVC ~ then Sinking a Casing with Gravity Drive ~ All Sand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12