+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mani indigo remote, interesting find

Post Likes

Mani indigo remote, interesting find

Thought I'd share what i found today with a quietcube indigo machine today. IY0686C

No production call and it was off on HP cut out displayed on the board. This unit is only a few months old.
    I restart the unit and it literally energizes the condensing unit for 0.2 seconds and shuts off on HP cutout again.
    Went up to roof, condenser spotless and fan motor is good and head pressure was at static readings.

Went back down to the head and was checking and checking. I updated the firmware on the board seeing if that would do anything but no dice.
    I removed the CVD low voltage wiring from what I thought was the correct spot and it came out easily, then....it HIT me.
    The wires were installed in the holes to the right of the terminal block screws in the pic below.
    They weren't into the actual part that clamps down on the wires.
    Fixed that...problem gone. Just an odd find. Thought I'd share
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1470976756596.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  67.6 KB

So now theyre in the correct spot and not in those little holes on the right side

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    someone didn't take the time to wire it right but you fixed it

3. Likes UmmScott liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You know how they come with the little bushing for the knockout hole on condensing unit, that has a screw to clamp down on the wire? We had several fail due to screw being over tightened and shorting 2 wires together. Weird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Good find
    Low voltage from the loose connection

Warranty call?

Hope someone realizes they messed up and pays for your time

6. Likes UmmScott liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Good find on that one. At least you fixed it on site and didn't have to return with parts. Can't count how many fan cycling controls we have replaced in the last 6 months. Not to mention control boards and touch pads.

8. Likes UmmScott liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I started carrying a control board after years of not having one.

Had to use one Friday and the effing thing had a model and serial number already programmed. Really pzzzed mehoff and it wouldn't go into harvest!!

I got my first fan cycling control on a indigo last week that was out of warranty. Felt bad charging them for it since they have been poo for years

10. Likes UmmScott, Mike19 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Manitowoc is sure proud of their parts. Their prices are out of sight.
    Doug

Post Likes
    And they can price out of sight because of their kitchen care corporation empire. They add new companies weekly it seems

Post Likes
    I haf one of those with a LPC that would cut out intermittently talk about a solid pain in the arse it would run for a different lengths and then the communication light would go off had to to sit there for like 30 min with ohm meter across the different cutouts found the LPC opening just enough to shut it down never at a consistent pressure though

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yeah ditto there.
    I swear those.stupid fan cycles have been complete garbage lately. IOM and Manitowoc both.

Once its out of warranty I usually just tee off of that extra high side tap at the CVD unit and put the new one there.
    No sense in recovering all that gas just for that thing.
    Or the pinch off method works as well.

If its the LPS thats bad I'll just pump it down really low and quickly pop in a new one.
    Of course pinch off works here as well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Had a CVD low pressure act up too. Both pressures were fine but it would drop voltage to the control circut for a split second and lock out the power to the condencer. Mine was consistently doing it while I was there. I couldnt imagine tracking down one that was intermittent the first time. I've gotten into the habit of tapping on these switches and they usually act up then if they are on the way out.

Mani has started using a different control that seems better built. Not sure about IOM

Post Likes
    I think every cvd we've installed in the past couple years has had the low pressure control changed at least once.

We also have some air cooled self-contained units that have had multiple fan cycling switches changed under warranty.

Once the warranty is up, I install a ranco/Johnson adjustable control and tee it onto a shrader fitting.

Post Likes
    At manitowoc school, I mentioned something about doing warranty control board changes on 10 different machines.

The instructor shunned me for being a parts changer and said there's no way all those boards could have been bad.

Then a couple other guys spoke up and said they've changed at least 10 indigo boards each also.

In my 8 year career, I've changed a couple q boards, a couple s boards, and 10 indigo boards, most in the past couple years, lol

Post Likes
    I work on a ton of these indigo machines pressure controls are garbage. But never have I changed a control board I have noticed that when the pressure controls drop in and out it confuses the hell out of the board. Hopefully they have fixed the leaking accumulator issues with this line of machine (but I doubt it)

Post Likes
    Yep just changed out another warranty LPC on Thursday that makes 3or4 over the couple months two were misdiagnosed as bad boards

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Had a failed indigo TouchPad and fan cycle switch yesterday, failed control board on different unit today,

21. Likes Mike19 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    Had a failed indigo TouchPad and fan cycle switch yesterday, failed control board on different unit today,

Things are getting bad when customers call on a weekend for an ice machine.

Post Likes
    I started up 4 quietcube machines at a new restaurant yesterday.

They had already been set in place and piped in when I got there.

I wonder how long until the first one dies.

Post Likes
    You know what happens when you get gremlins wet

Cuchi Cuchi

25. Likes Mike19 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I should have taken a picture.

All four machines said "country of origin: USA" on the back

But inside the machines they said "designed in USA, manufactured in mexico"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in