Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile EOL Controllers - What's Out There?

Greetings, HVAC-Talkers and happy August! I was wondering if you could help me with some ongoing market-research I'm doing. To the point, I'm looking for large installs of legacy controls hardware that are nearing their end-of-life by the manufacturer.

For the past 6 years, I've been neck-deep in Novar Logic One, Johnson Controls N2, Barber Colman, and more recently INNCOM Honeywell. But I'm looking forward to future obsolescence and major brands of controls hardware that's either already discontinued, or soon-to-be in the next 1-2 years. I've heard lots of mentions like Alerton, JACE, ALC, and others but I'd like to prioritize a list based on estimated install-base, if possible.

So if anyone has any suggestions based on their industry knowledge, I'd be much obliged to hear your opinion of what major systems hardware is out there that has passed or nearing end-of-life. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAS-atechs View Post
    Greetings, HVAC-Talkers and happy August! I was wondering if you could help me with some ongoing market-research I'm doing. To the point, I'm looking for large installs of legacy controls hardware that are nearing their end-of-life by the manufacturer.

For the past 6 years, I've been neck-deep in Novar Logic One, Johnson Controls N2, Barber Colman, and more recently INNCOM Honeywell. But I'm looking forward to future obsolescence and major brands of controls hardware that's either already discontinued, or soon-to-be in the next 1-2 years. I've heard lots of mentions like Alerton, JACE, ALC, and others but I'd like to prioritize a list based on estimated install-base, if possible.

So if anyone has any suggestions based on their industry knowledge, I'd be much obliged to hear your opinion of what major systems hardware is out there that has passed or nearing end-of-life. Thanks!
    There is big difference the end of life and end of support by a manufacture. I can still get parts boards repaired and tech support for ALC stuff built in the 90's, even though they aren't "supported". Every manufacture has stuff 20+ years out there and a lot of people will keep it running until melt down point.
    NW8000, Richard Zeta, fit into your category. But I'm willing to bet I could find parts or get an answer to almost any question.