Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    What should they use in the Hood Washing system for a degreaser concentrate? They clogged the drain up with grease. This was after I pointed out there was no degreaser in the reservoir several weeks ago, which just happens to have an alarm on it.
    Who is the hood manufacturer? They all use a specific surfactant as part of their listing. You can use another one but you will void the warranty, assume the liability and possibly damage hoses and or pumps if the wrong surfactant is used. I believe most if not all hood wash systems double as the plenum fire system in the event of a fire.
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Guess what? Appears Saturated Suter knows what he's talking about. The cleaner we use is distributed by the company that made our Gaylord brand hood systems.

This is what we're using for our nightly automatic hood wash cycles (their picture):

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    If you are getting clogged drains one thing to check is the temp. of the water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12