Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes

Labor Warranty versus Labor Allowance

Quote Originally Posted by eswin65 View Post
    Ive installed, serviced and sold Waterfurnace and Climate Master for 13 years, and own a CM Tarnquility 27 3 ton open loop. Ive had coils from both (plus Florida HP) leak....r-22 and 410a... Most issues Ive had were from the oil/ gas installers becoming "Geo Pros" when the tax credits came out. The loop fields installed terribly, well pumps undersized, etc.... and lets not even mention duct sytems. Just like cars, there are some lemons from time to time. Climatemaster comes with a 5 year labor warranty, that can be upgraded to 10, and Waterfurnace comes with a 10 year standard labor warranty.....Thats backing your system, compared to air source with 1 year labor warranties
    You will understand the difference the first time you have to use your labor allowance on a CM unit. In central NC all the GEO contractors charge well above the allowance amount.

Post Likes
    agreed...I always have a rider on my estimates/ proposals that labor exceeding the manufacturers labor allowance will be billed to the customer....no signature....no work. I havent gotten stiffed yet...lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eswin65 View Post
    Ive installed, serviced and sold Waterfurnace and Climate Master for 13 years, and own a CM Tarnquility 27 3 ton open loop. Ive had coils from both (plus Florida HP) leak....r-22 and 410a... Most issues Ive had were from the oil/ gas installers becoming "Geo Pros" when the tax credits came out. The loop fields installed terribly, well pumps undersized, etc.... and lets not even mention duct sytems. Just like cars, there are some lemons from time to time. Climatemaster comes with a 5 year labor warranty, that can be upgraded to 10, and Waterfurnace comes with a 10 year standard labor warranty.....Thats backing your system, compared to air source with 1 year labor warranties
    That awesome Water furnace warranty is a joke, paying about the wholesale cost of refrigerant to the contractor.....needless to say I would never install one again....90% coil failure in the southern humid states....coil fails every year....never had a more problematic unit...not even a Goodman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12