Thread: What the hell.

Post Likes

Exclamation What the hell.

The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    What are you guys doing down there! Lol justing kidding fridg. That little gimmick reminds me of this magic "Leak Sealer" I used to see people using. Pump this stuff into your system and voilà, no more leaks!!

3. Likes fridg liked this post.
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    What are you guys doing down there! Lol justing kidding fridg. That little gimmick reminds me of this magic "Leak Sealer" I used to see people using. Pump this stuff into your system and voilà, no more leaks!!

My moto is there were only 2 things designed to be in a system & that is oil & refrigerant.

I have actually worked on a display case where somebody used the magic leak additive. Nameplate charge was 450g & I pulled over 1kg out of it. The additive actually started to restrict the cap-tube ,,,guys just kept adding refrigerant as they thought it was a micro-leak.

Have you used such a product icemeister or know of guys who have ? Just seems like a snake-oil to me.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fridg View Post
    My moto is there were only 2 things designed to be in a system & that is oil & refrigerant.

I have actually worked on a display case where somebody used the magic leak additive. Nameplate charge was 450g & I pulled over 1kg out of it. The additive actually started to restrict the cap-tube ,,,guys just kept adding refrigerant as they thought it was a micro-leak.

Have you used such a product icemeister or know of guys who have ? Just seems like a snake-oil to me.
    I'm with you on the refrigerant and oil only. I've never used ThawZone but apparently many have since it's still made after 30 years or so.

7. Likes fridg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I'm with you on the refrigerant and oil only. I've never used ThawZone but apparently many have since it's still made after 30 years or so.
    Still made? Or is it just still on the shelves? :grin:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9. Likes fridg liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Acid-Away is another additive that has been popular with quite a few folks.

A friend told me a few years back that True's tech support wanted an acid check on all in-warranty burnouts and to use Acid-Away to neutralize if necessary.

Post Likes
    I carry it on the truck. Haven't used it in years. I think it was Gibson refrigerators that said to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Still made? Or is it just still on the shelves? :grin:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk