Post Likes

Low Temp Evaporator Fans.

What fan is to be able to be used for retrofitting to Lo-Temp(-20/-28'C) Supermarket Freezer cases. We are currently retrofitting with your backward curved EBM R2E190-AO26-37 motor. As of late we have had these in some stores for just 12months & already we are seeing failures & loud grinding of these which can be heard across the store in quiet times. Ideally a 240v fan is ideal as after defrost we need a high start torque to cut any moisture which may have settled on the motor over this time. Also a motor that is moulded with blade as an assembly is a priority as having a seperate motor & blade assembly is prone to failure of one or both.

Any advise or correspondence would be greatly appreciated.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Are these motors designed for damp / wet locations?
    During defrost any moisture inside will condense then possibly refreeze.

Post Likes

4. Likes fridg, 2sac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Are these motors designed for damp / wet locations?
    During defrost any moisture inside will condense then possibly refreeze.

Was recommended to us by the designers at the supply-house. They are a good motor & are performing better than the previous Extra Low Voltage motor that the case originally was commissioned with.

That's them icemeister ,, EBM is our preferred brand.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Response from EBMPapst.

As discussed here is some info about the fan that you are using at the moment and replacement options.

R2E190AO2637
    This is a typical ventilation product for the likes of Fansdirect, Westafex, Future Product group, …. These are all ventilation companies using these fans in large quantities. I can see that we move decent quantities to refrigeration wholesalers like Airefrig and Heatcraft as well but we do not know where these fans are being used.
    The fan was definitely not developed for freezer applications and does not have any special protection against moisture or low temperatures. This fan is rated environmental class F0 (on page 2 of the specification) means no humidity and no condensation.

Alternative
    R3G190RB0101
    Best stockist in Australia for this part number is Heatcraft. Motor is encased in polyurethane to make this product more robust in humid/dusty and even wet environment.
    Mounting PCD and dimensions will match the R2E190AO2637.
    Because this is an EC fan you do not require a capacitor which makes the wiring easier. The performance matches the R2E190 fan if wired in low speed.

K1G200AA7302
    This is the style of fan which is used in new freezer cabinets. Unfortunately there is only one manufacturer left in Australia using these: Advanced Refrigeration in Maroochydore. You might be able to buy fans from them if they fit? None of our wholesalers is stocking them yet. This is going to change as lots of imported equipment got them. Therefore this is a very future proof solution.

Technically a great product and definitely developed and designed for freezer applications.
    This is the one that can be programmed. Depends on the duty point of the existing R2E190 you might not have to change the speed. Its close to the R2E190 at low pressure but stronger at higher static.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I've never seen anything like it...even in the zoo.

http://markair.com.au/product/fans-b...ard-curve-fan/
    The picture in the link is an optical illusion
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Hi Fridg, I was not able to find the correct thread for my issue as I am very new here, I was able to find this thread and I see that you are a professional member so I thought I would be best to ask right here. At home I have one fridge, I store beer in here as well as vegetable ect. I would like to keep my beer as cold as possible without freezing my tomatoes and such, I have used cardboard from beer cartons and some duct tape to divide the fridge down the centre. How can I make one side colder?

Post Likes
    ?

Post Likes
    A 1 piece motor and fan? good luck with that. it's better and easier to use standard parts