Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Flex pipe

Post Likes

Multi-Flex pipe

I was at a commercial site and saw a competitors install. Two residential Tempstar 3 tons with white piping. Having not seen that before I googled it and found Muli-Flex pipe. What's the word on the street about this stuff. Anybody use it.?

2. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icy783 View Post
    I was at a commercial site and saw a competitors install. Two residential Tempstar 3 tons with white piping. Having not seen that before I googled it and found Muli-Flex pipe. What's the word on the street about this stuff. Anybody use it.?
    No, never heard or saw it before. Will Google it though. Is it white insulation or actually white piping?? I know some minisplits used white insulation on their linesets.

We control Fire & Ice!
    We can control fire & ice.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrash View Post
    No, never heard or saw it before. Will Google it though. Is it white insulation or actually white piping?? I know some minisplits used white insulation on their linesets.

We control Fire & Ice!
    It looked like piping and insulation in one you just unroll a section stick a valve on each end if you want and you're done that's kind of what I saw online it just seems too easy

5. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icy783 View Post
    It looked like piping and insulation in one you just unroll a section stick a valve on each end if you want and you're done that's kind of what I saw online it just seems too easy
    Wow!! Pretty cool. Not sure if I trust it, but I didn't trust flex gas pipeline at first either. Gonna check it out. Cool thing Iceman, I'll look it up now. Thanks for the heads up.

We control Fire & Ice!

Post Likes
    I'm imagining flexible pipe connected the evaporator, allowing a coil to be pulled and cleaned without breaching the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyCoilz View Post
    I'm imagining flexible pipe connected the evaporator, allowing a coil to be pulled and cleaned without breaching the lines.

Yeah except for those plates that the pipe run through. I'm more interested in how it'll hold up to head pressure of R410A in the hot hot summer. Also it's an aluminum lineset. Everything is going aluminum.

We control Fire & Ice!

Post Likes
    Yeah except for those plates that the pipe run through. I'm more interested in how it'll hold up to head pressure of R410A in the hot hot summer. Also it's an aluminum lineset. Everything is going aluminum.

We control Fire & Ice!
    I don't see a problem with the plate. unscrew it, slide the evap out, flex pipe will allow you to put assembly in a plastic kiddy pool and clean the evap in the attic!!!!

11. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm more interested in how it'll hold up to head pressure of R410A in the hot hot summer.

We control Fire & Ice!
    It says on the website, working pressure 650psi.
    Working temp. 200

13. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I don't see a problem with the plate. unscrew it, slide the evap out, flex pipe will allow you to put assembly in a plastic kiddy pool and clean the evap in the attic!!!!

Just drag a garden hose up there & clean away, lol. Actually, harbor freight tools sells an AMAZING steam cleaner that's quite portable. Cleans great

We control Fire & Ice!

Post Likes
    Just drag a garden hose up there & clean away, lol.

We control Fire & Ice!
    plumb a bulkhead drain to the kiddie pool plastic and send it down the drain line, no shop vac and bucket needed, lol

by the way, I read the entire discussion on another thread between you and a couple other fellas, hats off to you sir.

SH/SC discussion led into accumulator pick up tubes and Venturi effects!!!! I love this forum for those very reasons

16. Likes hedrash liked this post.
    Post Likes
    plumb a bulkhead drain to the kiddie pool plastic and send it down the drain line, no shop vac and bucket needed, lol

by the way, I read the entire discussion on another thread between you and a couple other fellas, hats off to you sir.

SH/SC discussion led into accumulator pick up tubes and Venturi effects!!!! I love this forum for those very reasons

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

We control Fire & Ice!

Post Likes
    The distributer where I picked up a compressor today said they hadn't sold any in a long time. A year I think he said. Made me wonder why.

Post Likes
    They started pushing this multiflex at my local shop. My questions still is how much is the reamer and how much is the crimper tools, not even the counter guy knew??? I'm curious to just try it out on one of friends units.... let them be the first guinea pig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast