Thread: YORK YS

Post Likes

YORK YS

hello there I just have a general question for YORK guys regards YS screw chiller millenium panel era,
    I have 2 of these and wanted to ask what normal delta T you would expect to see , mine are "flow through" or single pass , and I get avge of 1c or just over which is just about 2f, these chillers were designed in series tower water goes to chiller that gets the colder chilled water and vice versa which is the balance point , but just lie to see what normal chw temps in/out on chiller side you that have these normally see., thanks stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    That is really going to be dependent on your design. I have some that are designed for 10F drop and some that are designed for 5F drop. With series chillers, you are REALLY going to need to know design.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

3. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    hi Jay, well no chance with that, old plant and no documentation, primary secondary pumps no vfds, I know that sounds unprofessional response , but thats all I got, Evap levels good etc and I have personally weighed both machines r134a out. I just have always found the delta T on low end even though water only passes through, but both give same duty

Post Likes
    Post the model, serial and original building/project/owner name and I may be able to get the design specs for you. Or PM them to me.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

6. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    have to dig that out, but I think you kinda answered my question , most likely designed for a 5f deltaT total between the 2 , I actually have them limited at 75% and looking at the numbers that would be about 5f with a tad more capacity,