+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane PCM Operator Display Question

Post Likes

Trane PCM Operator Display Question

I have a customer that would like to operate a PCM controller in manual when the Tracer Summit loses communication to it. I have navigated through the display, but I cannot get anything to switch to override from there. There was a point that it asked for a operator password. When I connect with PCM Edit I notice there is no operator passwords or access level listed in the security menu. How can I allow the customer to put the PCM in manual from the operator display and put things in override if necessary?

Thanks for the help!
    J. King

Post Likes
    You have to create the display points
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    I saw that they had some override variables in PCL and they are appearing on the display but I just can't change the value of anything from the operators display. Is there a certain key that changes the point? There is a screen that shows remote that asks for a password. Do I have to enter a certain password first and then set the panel to manual there?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King

Post Likes
    Its been 15 years but I think you have to setup the passwords in PCM edit and the points.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    I saw that they had some override variables in PCL and they are appearing on the display but I just can't change the value of anything from the operators display. Is there a certain key that changes the point? There is a screen that shows remote that asks for a password. Do I have to enter a certain password first and then set the panel to manual there?

Thanks

That password screen will show a "broken" key when the keypad is locked. You enter in whatever sequence of + and - had been programmed as the the display password. Then analog and binary parameters only can then be adjusted. They will have a blinking cusror when you are displaying them if they are adjustable.

Post Likes
    Where can I find the display password? Is it in the security menu in PCM Edit? If so, I don't show any passwords. There is also a access level in that menu showing 0, 1, or 2. Right now they are all set at 0.

J. King

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    Where can I find the display password? Is it in the security menu in PCM Edit? If so, I don't show any passwords. There is also a access level in that menu showing 0, 1, or 2. Right now they are all set at 0.

Sorry for the delayed response.

The security page is only for PCM Edit software. All 0's means you don't need to log into PCMEdit. The Display password is in the Display setup screen. It's the first line.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in