Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Well, 6 months later, my entire system is being replaced after dozens of problems with this system. Virtually every part was replaced at least once, right down to the wiring. You can read more about the proposed solution here. I just wanted to update anyone who might remember this thread. It was agreed by all parties involved, including that this system was not operating as advertised. While it was a long 12-month journey filled, I do feel vindicated! Hope fully the new system will work correctly.

Post Likes
    And how is this going to allow significantly better dehumidification over the entire cooling season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    And how is this going to allow significantly better dehumidification over the entire cooling season?
    Well, I'm no expert of course, but my understanding of the problems is...

First, I had 9kbtu wall units in three 100 sq.ft. bedrooms--these were oversized for heat. In the summer they blasted a minimum 6k or so of cooling (that's the lowest the outdoor units put out)into these small spaces and cooled the room nearly instantly. Even if two rooms called for cooling simultaneously, they still overcooled too quickly so there was no time to remove humidity. Temps dropped, and relative humidity would rise quickly. I had 70% RH in the bedrooms. But if we take an 18kbtu air handler, and put those minimum 6k btus into the entire 2nd floor, including all bedrooms, bathroom and common hallways, the unit will run longer and remove humidity. Everyone seems to think that will work. No one wants to install another system only to have more problems.

I mean, 6k btus of cooling for about 525 sq.ft. should be good in the Boston area and given my home's heat loss calc. But 6k in a 100 sq ft bedroom was NOT ok. Doesn't that make sense? Also, it should be noted, I believe the outdoor unit I currently have, a 48k btu hyperheat, is defective. I think everyone involved believes that to be the case as well, although Mits doesn't want to readily admit it. So it's not just switching from the wall units to the ducted system, it's also going from a 48k, to one 36k and one 18k. Apparently these multi-zone hyperheats don't take very well to a large number of units that are very different sizes. I currently have 3x6k, 1x18k and 1x12k. From what I understand, even if the outdoor unit was working properly, there would be issues with that setup. I'd be moving to just the 18k air handler and a 12k wall unit sharing the 36k outdoor unit. The 18k in the living room will be a 1:1 which can ramp down very low and keep the first floor very comfortable.

But again...what do I know!? That's why I'm seeking out your opinions!

Post Likes
    In theory I agree with you. I think it will be more comfortable for sure. My gut tells me that you will still be experiencing humidity issues and supplemental dehumidification will still be needed. I honestly hope I am wrong

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123