+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yellow jacket mantooth wireless gauges

Post Likes

Yellow jacket mantooth wireless gauges

Just want some feedback on the mantooth wireless gauges. Thinking about buying them soon. Also thinking about the sporlan smart service tool kit but i can never find it online or at supply houses around me. All feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Just bought the Yellow Jacket mantooth dual set last week. I only used it 2-3 times so far. I like it and you don't have to remove them to add or remove refrigerant, but without thinking it lost connection when I went into the building (only about 20-40 feet away, but it was easy to reconnect. I guess only complaint so far is it doesn't come with a user manual. It only has a quick start guide. You have to download the manual

Oh and I wish the temperature clamps were wireless

3. Likes randy420 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superfittertech View Post
    Just bought the Yellow Jacket mantooth dual set last week. I only used it 2-3 times so far. I like it and you don't have to remove them to add or remove refrigerant, but without thinking it lost connection when I went into the building (only about 20-40 feet away, but it was easy to reconnect. I guess only complaint so far is it doesn't come with a user manual. It only has a quick start guide. You have to download the manual

Oh and I wish the temperature clamps were wireless
    Thanks for the feedback. Are the superheat and subcool values pretty accurate?

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yep

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I've had them since middle of last season, I like them. No hoses so they don't keep refrigerant. I bought a set of angled ball valves for charging and for when I needed a little clearance from the unit. I cut a notch in the foam to keep them in. Battery life is good. Over all they are great, I would buy them again. I think the new version does not have low & high tethered together.

Post Likes
    Have had mine for over 2 years after 1st year housing cracked. This year housing cracked on both bad. Usb plug broken can no longer charge it. I treated these things like gold not brutally. Sucks because I actually loved them but won't shell out the money on a new set again to have them fall apart in 2 years.

Post Likes
    I bought the original tethered set. I like them, good for small heatpumps and stuff. I like that the clamps are small. It may suck that all the pieces are not wireless BUT you dont have 4 batteries to deal with. I cut the tethered wire and soldered male/female headphone jacks in so they are easier to handle 1 piece at a time. Then i plug it all in when im ready to connect. I keep em in a pouch and clip em to my bag if i think ill need gauges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have 2 individual units 67003.
    Likes: individuals, screen shots, easy to use, accurate, and long battery life

Dislikes: the limited app, not auto re-connect, short Bluetooth range, the boots slip up and refrigerant and oil can get in the charging port, & when refrigerant sprays on the plastic it turn white.

With that said I still like them fast and easy,but if I were to buy a new set I would get the updated model 67023, which can also do vacuum, but has better plastics.

Post Likes
    I only have 1/2 a set carry in my amp clamp bag. Went to use it yesterday and it won't zero. it reads 14.7 lbs. What stupid thing am I doing wrong?

Post Likes
    Set to read PSIA?

Post Likes
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Set to read PSIA?

Post Likes
    Set it to PSIG if you want to see zero

14. Likes Kilroy238 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Should have remembered that. I guess I will pull the age card. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Set it to PSIG if you want to see zero

Post Likes
    My friend has the Testo Set and we used them side by side, he liked his Testo's and preferred the YJ's. The whole complaint about the temp clamps being wire to the refrigerant sensors is mute, like digitalinput stated earlier, fewer batteries and/or wireless failures to deal with.
    Since the new app update I think they work better.
    I also like my Fieldpiece SMAN and job like app, but the little YJ's are convienent and easy!!!

Post Likes
    I used the iConnect yesterday and the 460's. I only have a 1/2 a set of the Mantooth and keep it in with my SC75 FP for trouble shooting. Looking forward to using the iConnect again. probably won't be today as I got a call about a bad hood exhaust. (I don't do exhausts anymore), but the guy will have to close today and can't find anyone else. Told another guy I would change the noisey motor for $$$. bearings going.
    Quote Originally Posted by NMhvactech View Post
    My friend has the Testo Set and we used them side by side, he liked his Testo's and preferred the YJ's. The whole complaint about the temp clamps being wire to the refrigerant sensors is mute, like digitalinput stated earlier, fewer batteries and/or wireless failures to deal with.
    Since the new app update I think they work better.
    I also like my Fieldpiece SMAN and job like app, but the little YJ's are convienent and easy!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in