+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blast From the Past Scotsman Gormet Cuber

Post Likes

Blast From the Past Scotsman Gormet Cuber

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  107.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  57.4 KBWent on an ice machine call today at a resort on the Canadian border. 40 minute boat ride and I find a dual evaperator Scotsman Gormet cuber. Model #MCL2AE-4A. I haven't worked on one of these for over 24 years!

No hot gas valve on these machines. Discharge gas heats up two tanks of water that is discharged onto the evaperator plate during harvest. You can see the tanks in the second picture.

Anyway, broken cap tube. Spliced it together, evacuated and charged with real R-12 that the customer had on hand.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

2. Likes joejax liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Can someone tell me how to rotate photos? I even tried turning them upside down on my iPad and uploading them, thinking that would make them right side up. No luck. The forum software wants this ice machine upside down.

All the water will drain out of the sumps!

Post Likes
    Am I remembering right?
    Something like a rotating spray bars and several layers?

Post Likes
    Cool, never seen one of those. Gonna have to check that model out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Am I remembering right?
    Something like a rotating spray bars and several layers?
    That's it. Rotating spray bars that spray water up into shot-glass shaped cavities.

Post Likes
    Hey, that's kinda on the same principles as itsiceman's avatar, yes ?

Post Likes
    I remember working on them. Didn't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post

Post Likes
    Rotating spray is the way, but hasn't witness anything like this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrigerationuk View Post
    Rotating spray is the way, but hasn't witness anything like this.
    Me neither. Starting out we had one but it never broke so I didn't get much time with it I think it just rusted out like and got replaced like old machines used to. I cut my teeth on Kold-Draft and old Mani's those kept you busy

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I think the wording mislead a little withe the shot glass.
    This machine makes the same ice as their undercounter machine just more of it

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Here's the service manual for that machine:

http://www.scotsman-ice.com/service/...uments/mc2.pdf

Do you have any idea of when it was made? I'm thinking late 1960's. From what I remember, that was rated at 450 lbs/day...or maybe 500 on a good day.

14. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I haven't surfed around the Scotsman site in quite a while. They've got a gold mine of old manuals in there along with some handy miscellaneous stuff. Here's a full model production list that answers my earlier question about when this machine was made. They were only made between 1972-74.

http://www.scotsman-ice.com/service/...us/MODLIST.PDF

Post Likes
    Real R-12. Love it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I haven't surfed around the Scotsman site in quite a while. They've got a gold mine of old manuals in there along with some handy miscellaneous stuff. Here's a full model production list that answers my earlier question about when this machine was made. They were only made between 1972-74.

http://www.scotsman-ice.com/service/...us/MODLIST.PDF
    I dont know Ice

Worked on those for Harry M. Stevens in the early 80's. Giant Stadium, Shea Stadium, MSG.

The hot water would drain on top of the mold to free them.

Post Likes
    I'm betting dollar to donuts that I still have a few parts for them Scotsman.LOL thinking about how many times I had my head and hand inside the bin,holding the "curtain"open and watching the spray bar,and the harvest drop and the cubes being "thrown" out of the evap section. I have a few KoldDraft parts.And the Scotsman Manual, And the KoldDraft manual with the Factory supplied wiring diagram w/ the 7 MOVEABLE switches for the "sequence of events"!

Post Likes
    I don't remember actually working on any of those but I recall my older brother assigning me to replace the rubber platen on an old SC200. That must have been around 1966-67 when I was still in school.

Now I read how the SC200 was first made in 1952...probably the Grandaddy of all Scotsman cubers. It had the same setup with the hot water harvest and "gourmet" cubes

Post Likes
    Gourmet machines still popular in Italy

Post Likes
    The ice is really dense, clear, and lasts a long time. I like it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    Can someone tell me how to rotate photos? I even tried turning them upside down on my iPad and uploading them, thinking that would make them right side up. No luck. The forum software wants this ice machine upside down.

All the water will drain out of the sumps!
    From what I have read on the subject, the JPEG files of photos taken with cell phones, ipads, etc. include an informational tag called EXIF which defines the orientation of the image when the shot was taken. On programs which use this EXIF data the image will be displayed correctly...ie you can hold the camera upside down but the EXIF tells the displaying program which direction is right-side up. Popular programs like Facebook use it and so your pictures would likely work fine over there.

However this site's software, vBulletin, doesn't use EXIF data in the display of images... based on what I've found. In addition, I suspect it rotates images by default to display in a landscape orientation even if your image is in portrait mode.

For your images to be displayed as you want them to, the best way I know of is to use a image hosting site like Photobucket.

http://s5.photobucket.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in