+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is up with Manufacturers lately??

Post Likes
    Been there. I know I can fix the unit but not the way they designed it or pay me for. So I get blamed for being incompetent

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Scott, it's all about money.

People buy the cheapest they can find. It's a race to the bottom.

Whoever cuts the most corners and turns out the cheapest product is the one who will make the most sales.

This explains all the new daikin rtus I see on every new building.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Basically, what you have said here echos what I said in your Masterbilt thread.

One of the particularly annoying things I have seen is although the true blame for these issues lies squarely with upper management, we tend to blame the engineers for their lack of knowledge and/or support. They are the guys on their front lines just as we, the service techs, are on to our own defenses. I know this because I have worn that hat.

The engineers, for the vast majority, are dedicated and knowledgeable. They like their jobs or they wouldn't be there. It's certainly not for the big bucks. They too suffer from a lack of support from their own companies because those companies are run by people who have no love for this industry whatsoever...their only love is for big bonuses and bigger raises. They get that by creating huge profits for their investors. The customer has become secondary. Their respect for service is way below what they have for the customer.
    That Icemeister tats the problem in alot of companies in alot of different fields. I am hvac/r tech but I am also a histotech in the histology world. I see the same thing in my histology job.. we have people in upper management and they have zero experience in the medical lab field. Anyways I think another big problem is alot of old timers are gone or have retired... alot of knowledge isn't there anymore. Who knows what will happen in America in the next 20 or 30 yrs... old America will become new China in technology. Forget about facebook and all those crappy online/social media stuff. The boys in blue better get their sh*t together before the Red flags fly over us.
    wHen I diE I hOpe gOd haS mErcy oN my SiNful LifE

Post Likes
    A race to the bottom. I don't think I could explain it better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in