+ Reply to Thread

Thread: that happened fast

Post Likes

that happened fast

Well I came home early tonight an on my way to the kitchen I stopped at the bunny condo to see what buggs was up to. she was just setting there on the top floor looking at me and I noticed her taco chip was still setting there where it was when the girlfriend gave it to her like she does every morning. I'm wondering why its still there as much as she loves those things .

ok so somethings fishy, I know the girlfriend mentioned last night that she seemed a little funny and that maybe we better take her back in and have her teeth looked at being they really gave her a problem a year ago and she got real sick.
    We tried everything to get her to chew wood or anything that would wear her teeth down ....... nothing worked. and that causes her teeth to give her trouble.

Ok so I grab a stool and get up where I can pet her and she barely moves , just watches me. I hop down and go get her favorite bluberry yogurt covered rasins and give her one. she took it in her mouth and tried to chew it but it just fell out and she just looked down at it and then ignored it.

Oh man , now I know we have a problem. I run out and grab the carrier and put her in it and hop in the truck to get her to the vet.

Get there and check in. vet comes in the room after a while ........ same one that looked at her teeth before. He asks whats the problem and I tell him how she is acting. Just the way she was before when her teeth were over growing. Like I told him it always worries me when she acts differant at all being I have always heard how the least bit sick they get and they go pretty fast.

Takes her temperature ..... normal. Has me hold her down so he can look at her teeth.

It was strang that she didn't even try anything as far as putting up any kind of fight, just layed there.

Ok so he says the teeth look ok. He decides I better leave her overnight and they will give her something to see if it will help ..... check back with us tomorrow.

Ok hop in the truck to head home and call the girlfriend to tell her that they are keeping her over night and we will check with them in the morning.

So I get home , look at some mail and my cell phone goes off. Looking at the read out ......... hmmmmm its the vet.

Answer the phone and he says I have some bad news, a few minutes after you left she started having seizures and died.

Ok so Im looking at our two cats ......... their setting on the couches across from each other staring at each other acting like they know something is wrong. They have been that way for hours not moving. Girlfriend went to bed an hour ago ...... think she is tired of crying off and on.

I feel guilty I told her I didn't want to get too attached to a rabbit when we got it, being they do not live all that long and I took it real hard when I had to have my springer put down years ago.

Now we got her 3 years ago when I was out in the yard watering, when she just came be bopping thru the yard. As many mean dogs as there are around here I just picked her up..... she seemed tame and we never found the owners. Ok so girlfreind decided she needed a condo and wire fencing so she can be safe in the yard ..... my job.

Well I realize now no matter what , I became attached to her , not near what the girlfriend was but enough to realize I already miss her. Think it will be interesting seeing what the cats do once they realize shes not coming back ...... one of the cats played tag with the bunny all the time when she was out in the evening at least every other day.

There still on the couches, looking at each other .... haven't moved an inch ....... yep they know somethings wrong

Boy ....... did that happen fast

Post Likes
    i know what thats like having lost a couple of pets suddenly, u just don't ever see it coming. it hurts for a while but u do move on and give urselfs a bit of time before thinking bout getting another bunny.....

Post Likes
    If an animal is truely a pet.

Then there is no way to avoid attachment.

Its part of the family.

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear. This is Pete, he was my pet as a teen. Lived about 6 years.

Post Likes
    Sorry to hear about your loss dec, having gone thru it many times I know just how you feel.

Post Likes
    Until I got a dog I didn't realize how they become part of the family and people would rush into a raging fire to save them and stuff.
    And the cats, they know, its funny how animals have a 6th sense about things.
    Sorry to hear it.
    I hope the vet didn't mess up and cover his ass.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Sorry for your loss. When we lose a pet it becomes hard to get over but you do. I remember when we had our first calves we raised by hand. Bottle fed then up to 1200 pounds. We decided to corn feed one named Norman. He was the most docile steer we had. Long story short we had him butchered but did not get him back( they gave us the wrong meat) which was good but the meat was tough. so gave most of the meat away. I will always think of ole Norman
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    I hope the vet didn't cover his ass.

Gross ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Until I got a dog I didn't realize how they become part of the family and people would rush into a raging fire to save them and stuff. Sorry to hear it.

You mean your wife would run in ...at your insistence ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes

I posted this last year. Wewere talking about him a few days ago ...

Poor Paris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Paris, Paris was one of our cats, he was the oldest, just a very nice cat. Paris was hit and killed by a car Thursday morning. My daughter was on her way to work and came upon his body in the middle of the street. She screamed and called me and her mother, I was at the shop so I got home as fast as I could. By then my wife and Kate had gotten a box and put poor Paris in it. They were both sobbing and it was a terrible scene. I know it was “just a cat” but your pets become part of your family , they are loved and in return love you back. Our kids are grown so now the cats and dog are the “kids” my wife is always worried about them. We called the vet’s office and they gave us the name of a place that cremates pets and puts them in an urn. They took poor Paris there and the people there did a great job, Paris is now home and will stay there.

We were upset that he would just be left there in the middle of the street, no one caring . My daughter checked her test messages and there was one there from a friend of hers. This friend is a police dispatcher and the message was …there was a cat hit by a car near you…are you kitty’s OK? As it turned out a woman hit Poor Paris and called into the police right away. This woman was distraught and sobbing, they were worried about her so they sent a police car right over. They stayed there waiting for the animal officer, the cop told the woman that it was OK to leave, and after a while he had to leave. My daughter by chance came upon poor Paris just after the cop left. Somehow knowing the woman stopped and cared made us feel a little better.

Latter that day I got a service call to a veterinary place, I found that strange. Then the next day I was getting a coffee and a woman came in wearing a t-shirt with Paris written across it…strange indeed…or a sign.

Well that is my sad story, we will all miss poor Paris.

Sorry to hear ... poor rabbit ...

Post Likes
    Sorry for your loss Dec.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in