Post Likes

Setting discharge to 50 F.

It's been raining for two weeks now. I've been locking the discharge air to 50 F and letting the VAV Reheat heat the air back up. The computer unlocks it after three hours. Yes, the buildings leak like a sieve. Anyone else having to do this? BTW you find out which VAV heating valves are going bad, LOL.
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    What BAS? On our system, some of the settings will reset themselves after the schedule changes and revert back to default settings on the next zone event. Or if a report event indicates an override it will also reset. Probably have my terms mixed up, but you should get the idea.

May need to change the actual programming or event schedule to get it to stick.

I assume you're doing this for humidity control? any chance you could slow the fan speed down on the AHU?

DX or Chilled?

Is the unit taking OA humidity into account before determining whether or not to economize?

Whats the minimum OA requirement?

Post Likes
    We have no access to the programming, this is actually called a test mode. I'll have to take another look at the O.A. requirements. No CO2 ventilation in this building, we had to give up trying to run a positve pressure. It's chilled water. We asked to split the coil, for better dehumid, and some dehumid controls.
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Any pre or re-heats?

Post Likes
    How many air handlers are you needing to do this for? What kind of controls are on them? If you don't have too many units, you could drive the CHW valve open 100%...

Post Likes
    The two units have preheat on them and reheat at VAV. I'm opening the chilled water valve by lowering the discharge. If I lock the valve open, can't keep the ladies happy as my heating loop is on reset, It's working, and I set it in the morning, at break and lunch. Maybe someone will take notice and fix the building, Not!

Post Likes
    Manually open the pre heat and raise the incoming air a few degrees, that will force the CHW valve open more.