Post Likes

To be completely fair...

...you should put the secondary in a conspicuous location.Name:  drain 5416.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  74.4 KB

And now that I think about it...it's better than dripping down all over the inside, is it not? the floor drain is a few feet to the left.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Well, it's damn sure better than a plug

Post Likes
    At least the condensate water ( when primary plugs ) will not get on the electrical controls in the furnace section.

Post Likes
    It might from splatter depending how hard it comes out the straight pipe

Post Likes
    Honestly...the idea's kinda growing on me.

Homeowner gets alerted much faster and knows exactly what's happening. They could even throw a bucket below the pipe and continue to have cooling. Inside of furnace gets spared water damage and rust.

As long as the floor's unfinished and a drain is close by...

This is the first and only time I ever saw it...guy probably got tired of being ribbed about it.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Water will most likely run on the bottom (outside) of the pipe and still drip inside the furnace... it needs a 45°.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Water will most likely run on the bottom (outside) of the pipe and still drip inside the furnace... it needs a 45°.
    A 90 or 45 should be thrown on it to keep it from dribbling back down the outside of the pipe.. Other than that it's fine with me. I've done it plenty. It also gives the service tech a little personal conditioning while troubleshooting.

8. Likes samgevas liked this post.
    Post Likes
    A 45 or float switch.....

Post Likes
    Or he could just do it right the first time

Post Likes
    Let's be honest, here.

The typical customer who is afflicted with condensate water attempting to exit the secondary pipe is in this very situation due to a lack of maintenance or inadequate frequency of maintenance. They will typically only call if the water is damaging something or if the unit does not work.

My prediction is that the next time you return will be a no cooling or heating call - and there will be a slime trail to the floor drain in front of the furnace. OH! and they'll say "I've been meaning to call you guys about maintenance." as you walk towards the unit.