Thread: Trane Extended Warranty

Post Likes

Unhappy Trane Extended Warranty

Hi there,

In December I purchased two packaged Trane 16 SEER units, and also purchased a "Trane Factory 10 Year Extended Warranty" for each. I chose this dealer because they do great work AND offered a factory warranty, whereas other dealers offered their own warranties. I never received any paperwork, and when I asked, I saw the warranty was issued by "HVAC Warranty LLC" - not Trane.

After contacting the dealer to ask why I was sold a factory warranty and received a third party, I was informed that Trane no longer offers any kind of extended warranty.

So - I was hoping you guys might help me out. Is that the case? And if so, doesn't Trane partner with someone to sell these? I've never head of HVAC Warranty LLC and can't find much information about them. I paid a lot for this and want to feel good that the company is going to be around for 10 years.

Thank you,

Eric

Post Likes
    Good luck.....we DON"T sell any brands that use third party extended warranties simply because these "third party" companies in the past make a lot more money going out of business and denying warranty coverage. Oh, we don't sell Trane either. Good luck...been burnt by too many "warranty" companies!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Paschal View Post
    Hi there,

In December I purchased two packaged Trane 16 SEER units, and also purchased a "Trane Factory 10 Year Extended Warranty" for each. I chose this dealer because they do great work AND offered a factory warranty, whereas other dealers offered their own warranties. I never received any paperwork, and when I asked, I saw the warranty was issued by "HVAC Warranty LLC" - not Trane.

After contacting the dealer to ask why I was sold a factory warranty and received a third party, I was informed that Trane no longer offers any kind of extended warranty.

So - I was hoping you guys might help me out. Is that the case? And if so, doesn't Trane partner with someone to sell these? I've never head of HVAC Warranty LLC and can't find much information about them. I paid a lot for this and want to feel good that the company is going to be around for 10 years.

Thank you,

Eric
    Try contacting Trane and find out if your equipment is registered.

Post Likes
    My equipment is registered for the standard warranty. Just trying to find out what the official option is for Trane extended warranties.

Post Likes
    Trane did move their extended warranty program to a 3rd party vendor also the price tripled .

Post Likes
    I can't remember who they are using now. AIG? We gave up on 3rd party companies. Got stung too often.

Post Likes
    We are a Trane dealer and Trane used to run their warranty in house but stopped around 2012 or 2013. They now use a third party warranty that is damn near worthless.
    In the end the company should take care of all issues(non maintenance related) for the 10 years and its that companies responsibility to deal with the 3rd party warranty company.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

8. Dislikes meebers disliked this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in