Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    the app is simply fantastic, you can a picture of what your testing with a yellow outline fluke labeled, SUPER PROFFESIONAL you see this app, makes me wonder why other company's charge a arm and a leg? this app does ALOT!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sstoner View Post
    Doug
    wouldn't pressures and running amps of the compressor led you to the same diagnosis?

Seems like a good analog meter is of some value to have on the truck for the times when a digital meter
    doesn't read quick enough.
    yes and no. Running amps are not set in stone. Pressures can help but they also vary. Use all the info available to you.
    Doug

Post Likes
    You guys are killing me.
    I was all set to sell my brand new never used Fieldpiece SC440 and buy a Fluke 902 FC.
    But now I have to worry about "inrush" .
    I don't thinks I can have another meter show up at my house without one leaving!

Post Likes
    lol welcome to the club

Post Likes

Confused FLUKE HEAVEN

Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    lol welcome to the club

902FC WENT TO HEAVEN TODAY??? OHMING OUT A COMPRESSER ALL OF A SUDDEN, OUT OF FREAKIN NO WHERE, NUMBERS JUMPING UP AND DOWN, THAN SOLID BEEEEPPPPPPP, ALL OVER THE PLACE? WTF? ALL THE REST OF METER LOOKS GOOD, BUT WHO WOULD PUT THERE LIFE IN THE HANDS OF A METER ACTING UP IN ANY WAY SHAPE FORM OR FASHION?

NOT ME

ORDERED ANOTHER, THE FLUKE DIRECT DROP SHIPPER WHO IM LEAVING NAMELESS AT THIS TIME, OH YEA FLUKE DIRECT, IS NOT FLUKE AT ALL????????, ITS SEVERAL COMPANIES, THAT HAVE FLUKES, THAT MUST SIGN UP AND SELL THEM, WHEN MINE DIDNT COME WITH INSTRUCTIONS, BAG, OR LEADS, HE TOLD ME TO DEAL WITH FLUKE, LESSON LEARNED I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH FLUKE DIRECT EVER AGAIN, I LOVE TTT I WISH THEY CARRIED FLUKE AND NOT PUSH THAT REDFISH OR RED DOG WHATEVER METER THAT WORKS WITH THE ICONNECT, REAL BUMMER.....ANYWAY, WELL SEE HOW THIS PANS OUT, GUY SAID HIS TECH DEPT HAS TO CHECK OUT,I SAID JUST PUT IT ON OHMS, NO TECH NEEDED LOL, PEOPLE I SWEAR, YEA RIGHT I LOOKED UP COMPANY, THERE A TINY ONLINE RETAIL, I HAD A RETAIL STORE, I KNOW THE SIZE JUST BY PRESENTATION OF WEBSITE AND AMOUNT OF PRODUCT, AND WHEN IT LOOKS AVAILABLE AND YOUCLICK TO BUY AND IT SAYS OUT OF STOCK, PRE-ORDER, YOU CAN BET IT OUTTA A GARAGE...I HAD 500K IN INVENTORY AND WAS A BRICK AND MORTOR HOBBY SHOP,WITH ONLINE SUPPORT...OK DONE WITH RUN ON EARLY DAY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF, LOL

SEEMS NOW-A-DAYS ALL I DEAL IN ARE BULL$HITTER$ AND IM 1000 POSITIVE THE ONE ON THIS SITE WILL RESPOND TO THIS WITH HIS UN-WELCOMED SARCASM...

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Have you seen the SC660?

Post Likes

Confused

im not a fan, but after this, not to sure...is it durable?

but not a fan just because I never used one, and I've been in bed w/fluke my whole career, I have a awesome backup, actually reads up to 200k ohms of resistance and other feature my fluke doesn't have, but I still don't give it the credit it deserves, cause its a Ideal meter, but its good, hold one end on test tip for easier testing, NCV is awesome, vibrates AND beeps when voltage is present , or continuity , so in loud spaces the vibration gets my attention... today it worked flawless all day.

and ideal puts out great meters, I have the 150$ one, not on here, these are newer look like being made somewhere else, defiantly stepped there game up, to bad I didn't see ths, I already ordered a new 902FC , ill deal with trying to get a refund later, or my wife will, I don't have time for that look at these, look like fieldpiece actually?
    http://www.transcat.com/ideal-indust...FUI9gQod4PYOCQ

Post Likes
    DOES THE FLUKE 902FC HAVE A MAGNETIC HANGING KIT, LIKE THE FLUKE TPAK, WILL THAT WORK FOR IT, DOESNT LOOK LIKE, IF NOT, HOW DO PEOPLE HANG OR MAGNETICALLY SLAP THERE METER TO METAL SO YOU CAN USE BOTH HANDS? THANSK

Post Likes
    I usually use the amp clamp and clamp it to whatever I can lol

Post Likes
    I use a 376 and a 1587. I keep the 902 solely for microamps. I wish I had another meter that would do it. The clamp attachment for the 1587 is quite hefty.

Post Likes
    can you check blower and condenser motor with 902 ?
    i mean winding to ground ?
    i have a friend of mine that said he need a DMM to do that
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    DOES THE FLUKE 902FC HAVE A MAGNETIC HANGING KIT, LIKE THE FLUKE TPAK, WILL THAT WORK FOR IT, DOESNT LOOK LIKE, IF NOT, HOW DO PEOPLE HANG OR MAGNETICALLY SLAP THERE METER TO METAL SO YOU CAN USE BOTH HANDS? THANSK
    You can use a magnet with a Velcro strap run through it in a loop, then clamp your meter through that loop.

It’s been a few years now since you bought your second 902FC, why don’t you give us an update and let us know if you’ve had better success with that one? Sounds like the first was a one off issue, I haven’t seen many failures posted about Flukes before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    can you check blower and condenser motor with 902 ?
    i mean winding to ground ?
    i have a friend of mine that said he need a DMM to do that
    If it’s a bad fault then it will detect it, but I would never use a clamp meter to search for a result then call it good upon not finding anything I would pull out my DMM and retest if I suspected an issue. A DMM has a much better range to detect a fault and you will easily miss some faults if you only look with a clamp meter... so, yeah, you can do it, but you may get some false results every once in a while.

The 902FC I think is able to detect a 60 Kilohm resistance where a DMM will be somewhere in the multiples of Megohm range.

Although I prefer the size of the 32x series meters better than the size of the 902FC the function of it is pretty useful. I just wish the 324 or 325 would measure uA and mV, but that’s not enough to get me to look past the size so I’m going to stick with the 32x series for now and continue to pull out the DMM whenever I need to check those measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast