+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The ladder skate

Post Likes

The ladder skate

I've finally created it, the "ladder skate" v1.0! Straps on the end of your ladder for those long walks downtown. You just lift one end up and go, when you have to stop, just set the no wheels end down and it stays standing up. Very happy with how it came out, will see how it works tomorrow.

2. Likes doug1111, joejax, Artietech liked this post.
    Post Likes

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I just bungee cord my hand truck handle to my ladder. Then I use the ladder for the 'handle' to walk it to wherever I am going. And . . . When I get there I also have a hand truck if I need it. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
    I've finally created it, the "ladder skate" v1.0! Straps on the end of your ladder for those long walks downtown. You just lift one end up and go, when you have to stop, just set the no wheels end down and it stays standing up. Very happy with how it came out, will see how it works tomorrow.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Great idea as long as no bumps will come in handy now that I'm old.

Post Likes
    I'm going to break my skateboard in half now.

Post Likes
    It's held on with a velcro strap and a finger that hooks next to the first rung. Eventually I'd like to switch to a hinged plate the closes over the top, this is just the 2 hour quickie version.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I just bungee cord my hand truck handle to my ladder. Then I use the ladder for the 'handle' to walk it to wherever I am going. And . . . When I get there I also have a hand truck if I need it. <g>

PHM
    -------
    I've thought of doing that, but I've usually got my tool bag and arc flash gear on my hand truck already. I'm a "one trip" kind of guy. Occasionally I'll load up my convertible hand truck and throw the ladder on top, and use it to push like a wheelbarrow.

9. Likes atxbound liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You kids don't know old. (:-
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Great idea as long as no bumps will come in handy now that I'm old.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
    It's held on with a velcro strap and a finger that hooks next to the first rung. Eventually I'd like to switch to a hinged plate the closes over the top, this is just the 2 hour quickie version.

Put a motor on it see how fast it can go.

Post Likes
    Hell yeah, got a couple of nitro r/c motors...

Post Likes
    years ago while i was in hvac vocational school i used to work at the clothing store called MACY'S. I'm sure most of you heard of it. Well anyways at night i would unload the 18 wheelers in the back. Also my job was to replace all the light bulbs out on the sales floor when needed. They had a 12' "A" frame ladder. From factor it came with wheels on the side but down at the foot end of the ladder. Kind of how you did it except at the bottom instead.

14. Likes doug1111 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Put some prop fans on it & make it a hover board ladder

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    just carry it like a man, just kidding. Not bad. At first I thought you were leaning that up against a wall or something with the wheels and thought, oh no

Post Likes
    Holy crap am I spoiled. Where I work in an institutional setting there is usually a 6 or 8 foot step ladder on the same floor in a custodial closet. I've never had to bring a ladder with me because even if we need something taller I only have to go up or down a couple floors.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in