Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Simple device

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,769
    Post Likes

    Simple device

    The other day I had a very simple thought of a thing that would make my life easier (and probably yours) and figured I'd search the internet to find this thing to buy it. Turns out I could not find this thing anywhere. The idea is just a simple modification of two things already being made in mass quantities by the same manufacturers but as a combination of the two in one product.
    This is a very simple low cost product where you would normally just have both things I'm just tired of having one and not the other at any given time.
    I am assuming this thing has been thought of before just never manufactured since either not enough people want one or they make more money selling you two things.
    I have no plans what so ever in producing this product but am not opposed to profiting from to idea in anyway.
    Any thoughts?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    190
    Post Likes
    I invented a combination service valve wrench/crescent wrench that sounds like yours, so far...after finding out all the roadblocks and huge amount of money involved to bring it to market, I retired the idea, although I have my prototype in my tool bag and use it daily. Good luck.

  3. Likes wanttosee, mccann liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Posts
    451
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The other day I had a very simple thought of a thing that would make my life easier (and probably yours) and figured I'd search the internet to find this thing to buy it. Turns out I could not find this thing anywhere. The idea is just a simple modification of two things already being made in mass quantities by the same manufacturers but as a combination of the two in one product.
    This is a very simple low cost product where you would normally just have both things I'm just tired of having one and not the other at any given time.
    I am assuming this thing has been thought of before just never manufactured since either not enough people want one or they make more money selling you two things.
    I have no plans what so ever in producing this product but am not opposed to profiting from to idea in anyway.
    Any thoughts?
    in box me to discuss. I have done this for myself and others in our trade.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,769
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by smeq View Post
    I invented a combination service valve wrench/crescent wrench that sounds like yours, so far...after finding out all the roadblocks and huge amount of money involved to bring it to market, I retired the idea, although I have my prototype in my tool bag and use it daily. Good luck.
    Thanks
    It's bigger than trade specific or tradesmen specific for that matter.
    Was thinking about it a little again today and it might be easy enough to make one of these myself in a crude form so I may just piss on it lol

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Posts
    451
    Post Likes
    Let me know if you need any help with any of it.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,104
    Post Likes
    Or maybe you could just put a magnet between them? (:-
    Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    Let me know if you need any help with any of it.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,769
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Or maybe you could just put a magnet between them? (:-
    it's simpler than that but thanks

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,769
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Lytning Remember these lol

    http://www.google.com/patents/US4653685



  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9
    Post Likes
    Interesting, following for more info!

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,104
    Post Likes
    Long long ago in a far and distant galaxy. (:-
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Lytning Remember these lol

    http://www.google.com/patents/US4653685



  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9
    Post Likes
    Oh yeah!

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11
    Post Likes
    Could you inbox me too please ? i need this

  14. #13
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    12
    Post Likes
    patenting is very expensive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •