Thread: ANY CHILLER GUYS SLOW

Post Likes

ANY CHILLER GUYS SLOW

Any of you guys slowing down yet, looks like it might be a lean year for startups. Heard one of the UA service guys got laid off here and a service guy getting laid off is virtually unheard of.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    Pretty busy here. Have the usual loads on the bench, same guys every winter. JCI is keeping us pretty busy, I hope they stick to their current business model. Hopefully Trane will take lessons from JCI.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    i have one course scheduled in La Crosse in February...other than that...i am going to be booked into March if nobody takes my advice on repairing their stuff. then it's chiller start up time and getting all of that wonderful winter air out of those chillers!

good luck.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Little slow here. Most years I'll have at least two overhauls maybe four right after the first of the year. This year none. Guess I'll be doing a lot of oil changes this year.
    He never hit the brakes and was shifting gears!! GB

Post Likes
    There should be enough annual service to keep everyone busy, unless customers are cancelling contracts of course.

Post Likes
    It's been my experiance that scheduled teardowns come in yearly cycles (much like the heating and cooling of the earth for you global warming fans). Our office sends out reminder letters at aprox. 8 yr. intervals for regasket/brg. inspections based on the gasket/oring man. recomendations to longevity of their products. So some years there are alot that seem to be bunched together and cycle to less on some years.

Personally I would like a litte slowdown as I am getting tired of tearing down machines constatly from October through March. Last year this time ontop of the scheduled teardowns I was looking down the barrel of 8 ball bearing changes on 4 green oil duplex machines with clearance issues on all in the plant.

But to answer your question we are still going strong in my area.

Post Likes
    We're a little too dependant on the Automobile sector and it appears we'll be paying the price this year, we're down 2 UA journeymen, 1 layed off and 1 quit to go to another shop. We've got chillers that need some major work but customers with no money to spend on them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    "ANY CHILLER GUYS SLOW"
    I always thought that all of you chiller guys we're at least a little touched in the head?

Just kidding , Sorry, I just could not resist!

Post Likes
    I resemble that remark...........

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    i have one course scheduled in La Crosse in February...other than that...i am going to be booked into March if nobody takes my advice on repairing their stuff. then it's chiller start up time and getting all of that wonderful winter air out of those chillers!

good luck.
    La Crosse in February? That must be punishment for something really bad. Maybe you can talk them into a month of jail time in Florida instead....

Post Likes
    I have never been to Lacrosse when it has been over 20F.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    Stickerhead is slow but he's old!
    "Dying aint much, its living thats hard." (Josey Whales)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in