Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    I'd say my toughest job was my first reversing valve. The call was for the compressor making a racket. Well, one of the pilot tubes blew a hole and since there wasn't a low pressure switch, the compressor ran itself to death. In hindsight, the valves were shot, but I was still green and didn't know the difference - for all I knew, the compressor was noisy because there wasn't any refrigerant. So I told the customer the RV needed to be changed and it's possible the compressor is shot as well and he might want to consider replacing the whole unit, but the customer wanted to just change the RV.

The reversing valve itself wasn't difficult, but on that day I had a 102 degree fever, so I was doped up on Sudafed. To make things worse, it was raining on and off all day, the outdoor unit was in a mud pit and I was sinking about 4 inches into the ground no matter where I stepped (one of those McMansions with no drainage on the side of the house). After 4-5 hours of wrestling with this stupid thing, soaked, muddy, I go to start up the system and sure enough the compressor was shot. All that work was for nothing!

Although, the guy did end up replacing the system and still paid for the repair - he's still a happy customer. It's just one of those days when in the moment, you'd rather be dead.

Post Likes
    I don't do it very often, and no hot side. Walk ins are fine. Reach ins, and the area around them, are gross.

Post Likes
    Please work on some of the issues Bazooka Joey brought up.

One thing that could be helpful would be some type of hard hat to protect our heads from those rusty roofing nails, only it can't be like a real hard hat because those take up too much space on your head and you wouldn't be able to get close enough to the outside wall in the low pitched roof and if you had to wear one of those it would just get knocked off of your head by something and then you would get punctured in the head by one of those roofing nails anyways. Damn I hate when that happens.

Thank you.

4. Likes doug1111 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Please work on some of the issues Bazooka Joey brought up.

One thing that could be helpful would be some type of hard hat to protect our heads from those rusty roofing nails, only it can't be like a real hard hat because those take up too much space on your head and you wouldn't be able to get close enough to the outside wall in the low pitched roof and if you had to wear one of those it would just get knocked off of your head by something and then you would get punctured in the head by one of those roofing nails anyways. Damn I hate when that happens.

Thank you.
    In attic. Also nails in your back. I think all my shirts have holes in the back side. Bending over & walking on the beams VS crawling on beams with your knees- you crawl you don't get nails in your back. But hard on knees.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234