Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Thanks for all the replies, everybuddy. I sure don't need another air tank, I rarely use the store bought one I have, I usually use the nitrogen for emergencies or the many air compressors laying around.

Speaking of air compressors, I converted a belt driven, ultra low temp compressor into a decent air unit. Works good, nice and quiet, I painted my truck with it. Changed out the oil, piped to old air tank.

I have done a lot of the ox/acet welding with the flux rods with good results and the old arc welder comes in handy for the thick stuff and usually turns out ugly. Not much experience with the MIG though, been wanting one for a long time.

Definitely like the grill ideas, I was thinking of a 2 part smoker type deal too. My neighbor is a wind chime nut, says we can cut them to various sizes and see what happens, I'm skeptical after the beer bottle cutting experiment didn't work so well....

Post Likes
    I had a boss , he made "oil day tanks" out of them for use in industrial bldgs. Probably close to 50 bldgs. Boy oh boy did he get mad at me ,as, I refused to install them.

3. Likes joejax liked this post.
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    We use them for mufflers on Experimental aircraft... Specifically gyrocopters... Subaru engines are popular...
    Cheap... and the exhaust sound is cool!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    joejax, I like that diagram!! But,these "day tanks" were up by the 20'ceiling, and they fed oil into 6 or so hanging oiled fired furnaces. There was an oil transfer pump at ground level that fed the "day tank" and a "over flow" return line from the ceiling mounted freon tanks. And the yo-yo boss was using 15% sil-phos to braze a brass MPT x MSAE fitting into the steel tank which according to AllState and Harris ,that makes a "brittle" joint.

Post Likes
    ther's some animals I made..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billygoat22 View Post
    ther's some animals I made..
    Nice work! What are the snouts made out of?

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    2 1/2" emt, some sheet metal cut in circle for end. I welded from inside and sanded smooth the outside edges. Used a punch to make the dimples.

One I made for outside has been out for three yrs, plus. has faded, but very little rust since was careful not to have gaps water could get into. The auto primer likely helped,too.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    The one on the right a piggy banktank?

Post Likes
    You could make a discreet piss bottle to keep on the truck for emergency's, just be be careful no one charges with it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    You could make a discreet piss bottle to keep on the truck for emergency's, just be be careful no one charges with it
    That is a big piss bottle
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Nice Method.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The one on the right a piggy banktank?
    yes. ,ost Imade were piggy banks. kids really liked them, some would sit on like ride-on toy, or ask for change to put in pig.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast