+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TCH Climate Master Tranquility 16 TC series question.

Post Likes

TCH Climate Master Tranquility 16 TC series question.

Hey all. I'm setting up some controls for a commercial building which is using the aforementioned equipment. My issue is I can't find a solid answer on what orientation the reversing valve is normally in. I used to work on residential equipment, which was always to energize the reversing valve for cooling, so I'm unsure on this.

The full model numbers are TCHXXXCGC30ALBS. The second C in the nomenclature indicates that it uses a CXM control. The manual I can find on the TC series says that there is a dip switch for polarity of the RVS on controllers with a DXM, but makes no mention of polarity in a CXM controlled system.

I'm desk programming about 20 controllers and need to have it right before I send them out. If anyone is familiar and can be confident as to the answer, I would really appreciate it.

Post Likes
    I admit I can't say for positive certain but the forty some ClimateMaster systems that I serviced all had CXM boards and the reversing valves were active in cooling. 40 of them were "commercial" in the catalog, small geothermals. I'm in the northeast, could they be different in the south where the main demand is cooling?

Post Likes
    Im in Minnesota, and it was always my understanding that equipment was suppose to fail to heat, but I did some searching around and the ones we are ordering for this job, the RVS is active in heating. Odd though. At the company I was with previously, Bryant, Carrier, Climatemaster, and GeoComfort all had the same (looking) CXM board, and all activated the RVS for cooling. Oh well, I'm gonna go with what the guy who had the official equipment submittal says, I've got nothing better to go off of.

Post Likes
    Sorta looks like you can choose changeover. The terminal is labeled O which is typically energized for cool.

1.4 -
    Thermostat type (O/B): DIP 1.4 provides selection of
    thermostat type for reversing valve activation. Heat pump
    thermostats with “O” output (reversing valve energized
    for cooling) or “B” output (reversing valve energized for
    heating) can be selected with DIP 1.4.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Sorta looks like you can choose changeover. The terminal is labeled O which is typically energized for cool.

1.4 -
    Thermostat type (O/B): DIP 1.4 provides selection of
    thermostat type for reversing valve activation. Heat pump <snip>
    Ah, yes, I had forgotten that little detail. Most of the systems I worked on were GRV units. Those don't have the changeover valve option. Carry on.

EPMiller

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in