Post Likes

Confused Air PUrification VS Humidity Controll

I am interested in installing something to help with my IAQ. I have done research on dust mites (yuck) and other various contributors to Bad IAQ. BUT now i am getting confused. Low humidity helps reduce the number of dust mites, while the Air Knight (i have researched mostly Bryant products) purifies my air. Do i need both. Also after purifiers are installed i am finding that i will need replacement filters - I am trying to find an average of how often to replace and how much a filter can cost. Long term cost is a factor. Would one be better than the other or would it be crazy to install an Air Knight and a dehumidifier. What are some of the other advantages to low humidity vs high humidity in my home. I know high can cause mold and such..so why would manufacturers sell Humidifiers. In a nut shell I want to know the difference and pros and cons and cost associated between filters, uv lights, humidifiers and Dehumidifiers. Its all so confusing! All the info you can give lol Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    You did not mention fresh air ventilation?
    <50%RH during damp months. +35&RH during dry months. A fresh air change every 4-5 hours to purge indoor pollutants and renew oxygen. Last but not least, merv 11 air filtering to keep equipment clean. A good vacuum should also be included.
    Go as far as you want on the rest of the stuff.
    No mold, dust mites and be comfortable are great.

A whole house ventilating dehumidifier with a merv 11 air filter and the fresh, filtered air when the home is occupied is a good start. Units like the Ultra-Aire should be checked out.
    Keep us posted on any issues.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and Califormia
    Post Likes
    Like Teddy mentioned, /control the humidity/. Be it adding humidity or removing humidity, the goal is to keep the humidity where teddy posted...between 35%RH and 50% (some say 55)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "Surprised ?! If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."
    Clark Griswold