+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yaskawa z1000 drive

Post Likes

Yaskawa z1000 drive

Here in the truck for lunch so will get complete model number off the drive soon but thought I'd get some wheels turning in the meantime.

Got a call this morning, was told indoor fan motor breaker tripping, after unit runs for awhile. Arrive and open control panel, notice contactor pulled in for indoor blower motor but motor isn't running.

Remove cover that houses VFD. auto button is flashing green led, message shows ready but motor won't run. Voltage in none out all three legs are powered. Do some checks and nothing jumps out so decide to reset unit.

Reset unit, indoor motor starts, compressors come on and I hear a condenser fan making all kinds of noise. Verify which motor shut unit down, and call site contact.

Ask him which breaker were you resetting the one on left or right. The right he says. Right breaker tripped each time right? Yes. I see in diagram that when this breaker trips for condenser fans it also takes out the control voltage, which would drop the indoor fan I know.

However when I arrived breaker wasn't tripped contactor pulled in for indoor Motor and unit didn't run. I'm thinking maybe he just reset the breaker for the condenser fans and the drive required full power down or am I missing something?

Unit is a carrier model number 50AKB040-E-611ht.

Post Likes
    Never mind found the issue. Turns out when the guy flipped the breaker back on for condenser fans he didn't do a complete power down on the unit. Whenever control power is lost the drive locks out unit the main power is cycled.

Unit seems to be running fine now

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in