+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testo Experience

Post Likes

Testo Experience

Have thrown more junk away in the past month than I'd like to admit (older FieldPiece SMAN (out of warranty) with bad seals that would not hold, TIF 9450D Micro Gauge that was "glitchy", etc)..........looking for recommendations on a new 4 port manifold with (preferably) integrated vacuum..........Testo caught my eye because testo-direct is offering a 5-yr warranty (with registration)...........anyone care to comment on this setup:

Testo 0563 0002 Refrig Smart and Wireless Probe Kit +
    Testo 115i Pipe Clamp +
    Testo 557 Refrig Digital Manifold Plus Vacuum Gauge

Post Likes
    I have the older testo 557 manifold. It works awesome. I do not use the micron gauge though. I bought the new 557 with Bluetooth and honestly it was garbage. Had it 3 months. Spent more time in the mail and being fixed then in my hands. Leaking sight glass, valves, and never read the low side correct. Sent it back and refunded. Bought a digi cool ak900. I believe it mounts right up to a YJ Titan manifold. If someone wants to chime in to verify. Better clamps than testo system too. But I am looking into the smart connect system from testo for pm work. Hope this helps.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes FrancisJ liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    I have the older testo 557 manifold. It works awesome. I do not use the micron gauge though. I bought the new 557 with Bluetooth and honestly it was garbage. Had it 3 months. Spent more time in the mail and being fixed then in my hands. Leaking sight glass, valves, and never read the low side correct. Sent it back and refunded. Bought a digi cool ak900. I believe it mounts right up to a YJ Titan manifold. If someone wants to chime in to verify. Better clamps than testo system too. But I am looking into the smart connect system from testo for pm work. Hope this helps.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 ak900 is great, and it is a direct fit to the yellow jacket titan 4-valve manifold

5. Likes FrancisJ liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you gents -- DigiCool looks pretty solid

Post Likes
    Not to hijack this thread but I have a question. What's the difference between the YJ brutes and the YJ Titans?

Post Likes
    I had the brute and had nothing but issues with it. Think I just got a bad set. Every fitting in it leaked, was pulling a vacuum and wouldn't go below 1700 microns turns out it was the manifold, brought it back and went back with series 41. I think it's a good manifold but I didn't have good luck with it.

Post Likes
    As to the 557, I've used three over the last couple years, no problems whatsoever, even the micron gauges were right on with a BluVac. The only reason I stopped using them is I got a good deal on a YJ P51-870 and am liking it a whole lot, as it does more things well.

As to the manifold, the P51-870 has a Titan manifold and i'm really liking it too. Great valve, easy to use and throttles well. I don't normally use a manifold for vacuum, but did use this one a time or two and it will pull right down with no leaks. So far so good! Time will tell.

Post Likes

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post

I had bought a testo 557 and they dosen't have the port for micron vacuum or the bluetooth, are dose the old ones? It got me confused, cause all the 557 I had seen online come with those features.

Post Likes
    I really don't know for sure. I thought all 557s had vacuum. I do think BT was a later add on. Their BT range was horrible, like 15-20 ft line of sight. Probably partly their choice of BT radios (cheap) and partly technology at the time. I wish testos had more info on one screen, it gets annoying not having, at least, a lot of it together. I now use a FP Sman 380 and won't be going back. FP is so far ahead of the others, except Iman, it's not funny. Of course Iman is a ton more expensive, so no comparison.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonij90 View Post
    I had bought a testo 557 and they dosen't have the port for micron vacuum or the bluetooth, are dose the old ones? It got me confused, cause all the 557 I had seen online come with those features.
    The original one (1st gen) had an onboard gauge. If memory serves me right it went in increments of 500 microns. I think I tried it out once or twice and just because. I never truly used it. The newer ones I believe have the port with the external micron gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Testo new gauges promise longer BT range

According to Testo, the new probes have a Bluetooth range of 350 feet if you can believe that 😂.

I’m looking at getting a 557S with the wireless temp probes, wireless hydrometers and wireless vacuum gauge and I would be happy with 40 feet transmission or less lonely because the house I got to work and has foil lining the exterior walls. The foil sheathing is called seal Celotex And was popular in the late 80’s to mid 90s

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in