+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Majestic #RFSDV34 RFN HELP

Post Likes

Majestic #RFSDV34 RFN HELP

Hello guys,

I need help on this fireplace. I thought the original issue was pilot kept going out but I spoke to tenant for first time today and actually saw unit shut off while running, I had no issues before but lasted a week and failed again. Well I brought on a new igniter assembly, generators, gnitors, pilot and installed but same issue. The gas valve is controlled by remote control and also has circuit board on it and receiver for remote so not normal gas valve. It also has two pilot generators. Not a thermopile and thermocouple but 2 thermopiles that go right to GV. Why 2 thermopiles? There's no high limits on this fireplace. So I checked voltage and greed stirs have 380 and 290 ish millivolts when pilot lit. Isn't that low? Or fo I have a bad gas valve. I'm trying to find manual, cause I can't see pilot adjustment. Increase flame, increase millivolts output from generator? Thermopiles brand new. I don't know model number of GV couldn't see numbers. Any advice?

Post Likes
    did the pilot stay lit after the unit went out??

Looked up the fireplace briefly. it has a thermopile and thermocouple. thermopile operates the main burner, by the looks of it you allready tested it and it is defiantly on the low side. also this may seem stupid but ive run into it a few times. if the fireplace has a remote but they are using a switch on the wall to operate the fireplace and the remote is in a drawer with a thermostat on it...well im sure you can put two and two together. let me know we can go from there. just be happy it isnt an IPI 6v

Post Likes
    They both look the same. Both look like thermopiles, both have 2 wires (red & white) that go back to GV. No thermocouple. Just thermopiles pilot line, and the spark igniter. Confused here. Main burner and pilot went out at same time. The whole pilot assembly just got replaced Friday by my helper and it didn't work so I went out Saturday. No wall switch, just plugs in wall. On the GV there is a switch says local or remote but no switch to control it locally, but it shut down both ways. So if I increase gas pilot flame will generator output go up? I have good pilot flame on both generators. Do u gave instructions? Thanks for help

Post Likes
    I meant do you have instructions.

Post Likes
    I have two sets of instructions. The one you were looking at then a different one. Different GV and one doesn't have the thermocouple. I added remote control to model # and found different unit. Go figure I couldn't find no instructions the other day. I'll get to reading.

https://paloma.com.au/pdf/operatingI...structions.pdf

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in