+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ameristar Furnaces and Heat Pumps????

Post Likes
    It would be nice to bring jobs back B U T John Q. Public wants cheap and shareholders want profits so the way these companies do it is by paying an obscenely low labor rate and little environmental regulations in 3rd world countries.

Ingersoll Rand just started a new brand, Oxbox, which is 100% Midea. Doesn't even use unpainted, stripped Trane furnaces like Ameristar.

I think Midea branded A/Cs may have some rotary compressors in them and IR told them only scrolls in Ameristar.

Post Likes
    Oxbox sounds more like something to store tools in the back of my pickup ... I wonder what the advantage is for I-R to add another Chinese rebrand just to compete with Ameristar? Are they aiming even cheaper for the economy builder market?

Post Likes
    I read in a trade magazine recently ( I believe it was Rheem ) was going to do the same. The name used seems more friendly than OX Box. A new brand of econo box units. Tried researching online but have not seen any mention. Threw the magazine out..Dang!

Post Likes
    Oxbox is sold through other distributors. Ameristar is only sold by AS and Trane distributors.

Rheem has Sure Comfort and WeatherKing as lower end lines. WeatherKing is SO low end you can't even register for a 10 year parts. The old Rheem cube junkers. Sure Comfort is full line and the new platform outdoor units without a cabinet.

Post Likes
    I personally never heard of Sure Comfort, but that was the one that I was reading about in the trade magazine. I thought it was a brand new line, but see it's been out a number of years. Maybe what I was reading ( pretty sure I was sober when I read it ) they where talking about adding new models or whatever...

In regards to the Weather King did see the 5/5 warranty upon registration. You can purchase a extended parts warranty to bring it up another 5 years. on select models.

Post Likes
    Rheem tried Sure Comfort selling through their own little distributors that I believe were Rheem owned. They were the junker cubes back then. It sure didn't work here and I think all shut down. Now Sure Comfort is selling through privately owned distributors and has been enhanced away from the cubes to the new platform. Glancing at their website, they have the full line including light commercial. Nobody has it here but I believe G A Larson is trying it in some Chicago stores.

Post Likes
    No wonder I never heard of it, went to their web-site " Find a Contractor " punched in my zip code selected 100 mile radius nothing came up.

Maybe what I read discussed their full line of residential and light commercial line....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in