Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Ive seen a couple ameristar units up north, they are nothing like the trane american standard. Definitely not a clone, atleast what ive seen.

Lg is another story not a fan of lg compressors or lg in general,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Ive seen a couple ameristar units up north, they are nothing like the trane american standard. Definitely not a clone, atleast what ive seen.

Lg is another story not a fan of lg compressors or lg in general,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The AHs are going to pretty much be the same and the spine fin isn't a great design imo. As for the LGs I can agree with you on that, not a huge fan.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosalesman View Post
    I'm not James but I'm in your area, we use Ameristar some times for front draws especially in condos and they honestly have been great. They're very cheap here and for a HP a 5kw is pretty standard, trust me a HP is going to get you taken care of during our two cold days a year so don't worry too much about your heat strip. I'm too lazy to look up models and haven't done one in a year but they frequently had PSC blowers which last a lot longer than ECMs in our climate. If you look at any brand you're going to see complaints but considering the region the equipment cost is going to be quite low and I haven't had a problem with these units yet which I can't say for all our brand name Trane stuff.
    Thank you Nosalesman I appreciate for your input

Post Likes
    I have installed serveral Ameristar non heat pump units and they have held up well.

They are copper coils and the condensing units have a corrosion coating on them.

The condensing units have a high pressure switch on them.

The condensing units are an AHRI match with the front return Trane/American Standard air handlers.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullMonkey View Post
    I have installed serveral Ameristar non heat pump units and they have held up well.

They are copper coils and the condensing units have a corrosion coating on them.

The condensing units have a high pressure switch on them.

The condensing units are an AHRI match with the front return Trane/American Standard air handlers.
    Thank you SkullMonkey I appreciate

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    No worries my friend, ..... <SNIP>

Your endorsement makes me think a second brand line may be possible again.
    We've tried cheaper product lines in the past with poor success. one problem after the next. Tech support and warranty handling was a big issue aswell.
    I've wondered about this issue for awhile now and this is as good a time as any to ask. I have been installing Goodman equipment for about 17 years now and have had good luck with it. I've only ever had two problems and both of those were Copeland compressors under warranty and, to be honest, were probably due to the installer not removing enough of the old mineral oil from the line set during the install.

Now to my question, why do I see so many of those who sell Trane, Carrier and York ect. seem to think so little of the "cheaper" brands like Goodman? Have you had issues with the equipment itself over the years or does it come down to dislike of the companies business practices? I do admit that I have never been too impressed with Goodman's furnace or air handler cases, especially the covers but for longevity and function I find them just as good as the more expensive brands.

I have sold and installed Rheem and York and the only difference I see is the thickness of the case and paint job. So I do wonder about the prejudice against the lower cost equipment. Some people would drive nothing but Cadillacs even when a Chevrolet lasts just as long and drives just as well. Just curious, not trying to start a fight.
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

Post Likes
    I installed a 2.5 straight cool amiri star. The furnace is like American Standard. Condenser is different, but it's made well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    I don't know why anyone would be happy about buying foreign equipment, just keep digging our graves. I try as hard as I can to buy American products and the more people that buy foreign products the harder it gets.

I Agree Biilg, & another problem to consider is that The Twitter-in-Chief is soon to place that 200 Billion worth of Tariffs on Chinese Products.

What would that do to the availability of this Equipment?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Getting hard to find an "assembled" in America product anymore and getting harder to find an American manufacturer of HVAC!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamoke View Post
    I've wondered about this issue for awhile now and this is as good a time as any to ask. I have been installing Goodman equipment for about 17 years now and have had good luck with it. I've only ever had two problems and both of those were Copeland compressors under warranty and, to be honest, were probably due to the installer not removing enough of the old mineral oil from the line set during the install.

Now to my question, why do I see so many of those who sell Trane, Carrier and York ect. seem to think so little of the "cheaper" brands like Goodman? Have you had issues with the equipment itself over the years or does it come down to dislike of the companies business practices? I do admit that I have never been too impressed with Goodman's furnace or air handler cases, especially the covers but for longevity and function I find them just as good as the more expensive brands.

I have sold and installed Rheem and York and the only difference I see is the thickness of the case and paint job. So I do wonder about the prejudice against the lower cost equipment. Some people would drive nothing but Cadillacs even when a Chevrolet lasts just as long and drives just as well. Just curious, not trying to start a fight.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    We are primarily trane dealers, secondary ameristar. I find ameristar equipment to be rather good quality for the price. The furnaces as stated are the same as trane with the exception of paint, some insulation in the blower cabinet, and usually a lesser warranty. The ac/HP's and air handlers are made by midea. The quality is actually pretty good in my opinion. We've installed quite a few ameristar hps in an apartment complex and have only had 2 issues. 2 units had defrost board failures and our supplier said we are the first to ever have that happen. The units are sturdy and nicely painted. The heat packs are definitely not my favorite but aren't much worse than other brands. A bolt in txv would be a nice upgrade but they are all braze in. They are currently changing their condensor coils to micro channel and changing their indoor coils to all aluminum. We'll see how that works out.

My biggest grief with some other brands is their business practices, but more so a lot of the people who install them. The only local Goodman dealer we have is a hack. The fact that they sell their equipment for wholesale prices online to anyone frustrates the crap out of me. I've walked away from customers who want to argue over prices when they wanted a trane quote and then want me to compete with the price they pulled up online for a Goodman system. If that is their mentality usually they just want cheap cheap cheap and are just wasting my time. I have installed a couple Goodmans over the years with no problem. That's just my opinion and I am not condemning anyone who sells Goodman or any other brand. I just prefer ameristar as our economy brand, and it has served us well. I've had to replace multiple trane/American standard coils and txvs this past summer ranging in age from less than a year to 10+ years old, so quality is unfortunately becoming an industry wide issue.
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Do it once, do it right.

It will take as long as it takes, which will be not as long if you let me do my job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123