Post Likes

Flooded Evaporator

Hello Everybody

I am a mechanical engineer from Iran who is working for a company manufacturing different components pertaining to Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration systems. We are in our research department going to design a chiller using a flooded evaporator. As you know flooded evaporators are different from dry expansion ones so that in flooded type we place refrigerant in shell-side and water in tube-side, while in dry expansion types the place where refrigerant and water are located should be replaced with each other. So to design these kind of equipment which is intended to be more efficient than DX ones, we need to know some data related to :

1- water fouling factor in design point
    2- oil fouling factor in design point
    3- oil percentage in refrigerant in design point

So I wonder if anybody could be so kind to guide me through these issues.

Post Likes
    Americans are being put out of work now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Likes maka liked this post
    Post Likes
    Hello.
    why do you want to re invent the wheel, there is a mountain of information available on the net about what you want to achieve.
    Come up with something original please, like rapid regeneration of liquid feed to maximize heat exchanger performance , which is patented anyway . Most likely not recognised from where you come from though.
    all good though keep researching developements and new tech stuff.,
    maka

Post Likes
    Which refrigerant are you designing for?

What diameter shell?

What diameter tubes?

Projected tonnage range?

These heat exchangers will be designed to refrigerate water?

If not; what will the chilled fluid be?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by hadieliasi View Post
    Hello Everybody

I am a mechanical engineer from Iran who is working for a company manufacturing different components pertaining to Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration systems. We are in our research department going to design a chiller using a flooded evaporator. As you know flooded evaporators are different from dry expansion ones so that in flooded type we place refrigerant in shell-side and water in tube-side, while in dry expansion types the place where refrigerant and water are located should be replaced with each other. So to design these kind of equipment which is intended to be more efficient than DX ones, we need to know some data related to :

1- water fouling factor in design point
    2- oil fouling factor in design point
    3- oil percentage in refrigerant in design point

So I wonder if anybody could be so kind to guide me through these issues.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.