+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Office Building

Post Likes

Office Building

Old furnace was shot. Original installer had the flue piping back words on concentric vent.

Had to move unit back about 5 inches to meet front clearance code. Also replace A/c
    The only thing I dont like is the Tape. But its in a closet, in a back room.

MH

2. Likes huskeygammer123 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I hate having to do closet installs because they are so hard to work in and move around, so cheers on getting it done! I am not a fan of the flex pipe for the gas, though, and isn't the drip leg supposed to be at the lowest point? Not sure if your's is doing much.

Post Likes
    IF the drip leg is suppose to be at the lowest point, it would have to be under the floor. So im not sure

Post Likes
    Drip leg is supposed to be where it changes run. That one is doing little.

Post Likes
    It amazes me how many people DONT know how to do a proper drip leg. See it so much. If your not changing direction of flow your not doing anything.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Pvc 45s must be expensive around there, no vent on the furnace drain and I also don't like the gas line.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    45's are not required plus didnt have enough room to connect to existing piping.
    As for drain, did you know goodman doesnt have a sealed system. Factory drain trap is an open design and will drain fine. But yes it could of used one
    Gas piping. Most companies around here dont hard pipe all the way. So used what was there And the drip leg, makes since.

Post Likes
    Goodman did have vented drain traps but they were all mounted outside the unit. They are sealed now and in up-flow and down-flow mounted internally, so it is not vented on your unit.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Nothing about that drip leg makes sense. Nipple out of furnace. St el facing down into top of tee. Nipple and cap on bottom. St el on branch facing down. Tie your flex into that. Just because OTHERS do a have a** job dose not mean you need to as well. Oh and no clean out on evap coil. Have fun knowing all the answers. Won't get you very far.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I don't know all the answers, didn't say I do. But thanks for the tip on gas line. As for the trap, clean out is a personal choice. State county city code does not require it. Sometime I add it sometimes I dont.

This is why most people post here to get recommendations on what to improve on.
    Thanks everyone

Post Likes
    Billg. I guess I didn't take a good enough look at it when I tore it apart. I do know the when placing the drain on the right, it's placed outside of the cabinet. But one learns. I make an appointment to change it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in