+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have alerton questions

Post Likes
    Also if you really want to find the IP I guess you can scan your IP range using something like angryip.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    You said that there is a Envision for BACtalk workstation at site. Can you go to device manager and see whether the configure button is active for the VLX?
    Looking through the menus, I don't see a Device Manager for the account that's logged in. The Tools menu though is greyed out; is this where that option is? I will have to see if the default admin account set up. If not, I'll have to get a way to reset the account to get in there.

Post Likes
    You are logged in from a user account that does not have sufficient privileges. There is no other easy way to get in if you do not know a admin account password or LocalAdministrator password. Passwords are encrypted and stored inside bactalk.mdb. The device manager should be in BACtalk menu. For configurable devices the Configure button should be enabled.

Post Likes
    You are logged in from a user account that does not have sufficient privileges. There is no other easy way to get in if you do not know a admin account password or LocalAdministrator password. Passwords are encrypted and stored inside bactalk.mdb. The device manager should be in BACtalk menu. For configurable devices the Configure button should be enabled.
    This system is running v1.00A. Also, when I go to the BACtalk menu, I do not have Device Manager. Everything else is the same except that. Assuming that the account we were left does not have sufficient privileges, as you said?

I tried logging in with LocalAdministrator, but that account exceeds the character length for the username (seems to be 9 characters). What was the default password for the "admin" account on this version?

Post Likes
    If you do not have sufficient privileges you would not see the Device Manager as well. Afaik there is no default password, its the one that you set when installing BACtalk. Send me an email if you want more details.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rchiocchio View Post
    This system is running v1.00A. Also, when I go to the BACtalk menu, I do not have Device Manager. Everything else is the same except that. Assuming that the account we were left does not have sufficient privileges, as you said?

I tried logging in with LocalAdministrator, but that account exceeds the character length for the username (seems to be 9 characters). What was the default password for the "admin" account on this version?
    Can you please put your email address in your profile? Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonmd View Post
    Having issues with Compass all data showing NR, any suggestions
    Thanks in advance
    Curious are there known compadabilty issues with older BACtalk controllers and compass. Specifically we have older VAVSDC3 templates we have always used for items I know exist show as “unknown”. Also see some anomalies with 1188C3 controllers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Can you please put your email address in your profile? Thanks
    Just updated, should be there now.

Post Likes
    I didn't see this thread until I'd already posted another topic.

Basically, is it possible to move BACtalk 2.01 to Windows 10? If so, do I need to buy new software or a key? I have an old Windows XP machine running (barely) the software and I'd like to update it. If I can't, I may try to virtualize the install onto new hardware.

Thanks!
    Dean

Post Likes
    I have installed 2.01 on windows 7 didn't had any issue, should work on Windows 10 too. You just need the correct drivers for the USB key no need to buy a new key. Do you have the setup files for 2.01?

Post Likes
    I have installed 2.01 on windows 7 didn't had any issue, should work on Windows 10 too. You just need the correct drivers for the USB key no need to buy a new key. Do you have the setup files for 2.01?
    I do not have anything other than the existing file. So I'm guessing I'd need the install file and an updated driver for the key?

Post Likes
    Yes a simple copy and paste would not work.

Post Likes
    Yes a simple copy and paste would not work.
    I suspected that might be the case. If I have no installer, do I need to purchase a new version from an HVAC vendor? Or do they make downloads available?

Post Likes
    To download the software you will need access to Alerton Support Network, but after a site upgrade they have removed most of the old setup files from their database. The lowest Envision version in there is 2.6. I have sent you an email please check.

Post Likes
    I managed to recover my installation. Here's what I did, in case someone else is IT-wise, but not HVAC-wise like me:

1. Ran VMWare converter to save the physical Windows XP install as a VMDK on a USB drive
    2. copied the VMDK to a new Windows 10 host computer
    3. Installed VirtualBox and created a new virtual machine based on the VMDK
    4. Configured VM to use a "bridged" network adapter connected to the wired network card on the host. Note: I couldn't get it to work with a WIFI adapter (I don't think WIFI forwards the DHCP broadcast requests) or with NAT (the software must look for the devices it controls on the local subnet)
    5. Activated Windows inside the VM, installed Guest additions, cleaned up prompts for drivers
    6. Plugged the Key into the Windows 10 host
    7. Installed the driver for the hardware key. The installer I used was called "Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_setup.zip" and was on the gemalto website. The key seems to be from a third party, so the drivers might be available through various software vendors who use this key for software licensing.
    8. Presented the key to the VM (In Virtualbox, go to "Devices" > "USB" > "AKS Hardlock USB 1.02")
    9. Ran "Envision for BACtalk" on the VM and logged in
    10. Went to "Tools" > "General System Setup" > "Network" and selected the VM's network connection
    11. Re-launched the program and had my Maintenance Director confirm it was doing it's thing

Now, if I ever need to move this to a new computer, I'll just move the virtual machine and follow steps to configure the network and hardware key again.

Post Likes

Exclamation Envision for IBEX 2.2 Software

Quote Originally Posted by ph33r View Post
    Post them here and I will answer them I have been programming IBEX and BACtalk for a while.
    I am trying to find someone that can send me the Envision for IBEX 2.2 software. I have the hardware key but the software on the clients computer has become corrupt. As a result, we are delayed performing some work for them. Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    We have a customer with a BCM-ETH that is randomly rebooting causing plant equipment to cycle due to global programming/requests. Any ideas what could cause this? We have swapped it out for another BCM-ETH and the problem reoccurs. The global programming has been in this controller for a while.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumRH View Post
    We have a customer with a BCM-ETH that is randomly rebooting causing plant equipment to cycle due to global programming/requests. Any ideas what could cause this? We have swapped it out for another BCM-ETH and the problem reoccurs. The global programming has been in this controller for a while.
    Did you check the BCM-PWS and the 24V supply?

Post Likes
    We swapped out the BCM-PWS when we swapped out the ETH, but it was one that had been sitting on the shelf for a while. Could the battery in the PWS be causing it? We are considering switching out the transfer that powers the PWS.

Post Likes
    Is this ETH standalone or a member of a BCM array? There is no battery inside the PWS just a series of capacitors to retain power for about 30 secs. Most probably the PWS is good try swapping the transformer. Also if this system is not critical try disconnecting the MSTP for couple of days. I have seen instance where a bad signal from a VAV controller hangs the ETH.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in