Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2528293031323334353637 LastLast
    Post Likes
    The pc is not licensed. The license is on a USB stick “”Dongle” plugged into pc. The dongle can be moved from one pc to another. Software is easy to find depending on version of the panels. Check the site PC’s for a black DeltaControls USB stick. The Dongles are available from sellers but not cheap.

Post Likes
    Thanks i will look at this, my Tech told me this should still be in the old PC. If the dongle is their how would i know what version to run? Thanks for your help!

Post Likes
    The software is probably still on it. The Delta boards will have a version number on the main chip. Most likely v3.33. Either way if your able to connect to the boards it will warn you if the software ver doesn't match the board ver.

Post Likes
    For the older version I have (Compass 1.5.1) do you think Visio also has to be the 32 bit version? The computer running Compass is a 64 bit... This may be my issue why I can't get 2019 Visio to work with the VisualLogic add in... Or I may just need 2016 Visio. But again, it may not work right with the 64bit machine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by escott90 View Post
    For the older version I have (Compass 1.5.1) do you think Visio also has to be the 32 bit version? The computer running Compass is a 64 bit... This may be my issue why I can't get 2019 Visio to work with the VisualLogic add in... Or I may just need 2016 Visio. But again, it may not work right with the 64bit machine.
    You can install Visio 32bit on a 64bit machine. But I have never really paid much attention about it being visio 32bit or 64bit. I think the visio setup always installs 64bit if the OS is 64bit but it worked without issues and I have never gone above visio 2016. Just try 2016 it should work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Reckless, my Alerton Intel gets dated as the years go by. What do you think of this post? It is a little negative, please don't see this as bashing you personally. It is from a thread on comparing controls brands.

Just wanted another set of Alerton eyes to see if I am a little too negative, or perhaps I missed something.
    Sorry I just saw this. I completely agree with most of the points. Reverse engineering though had problems with many other engineering tools I tried CPO, Care just to name a few they were not perfect. Alerton Support Network used to have good information on the community forum, the community used to help each other out, I had solved number of issues with the help of the forum and community where alerton tech support was useless. Alerton conveniently screws the ASN site up after a bungling 're-haul' they called it where they wiped out all the valuable information they had on the forums. New interface is anything but user friendly and the forum is useless now because people doesn't post or reply to questions anymore. Like the above poster said Alerton should have put in their time to re-haul the hardware and software rather than meddling with ASN. I'm also not a big fan of compass because I felt EBT was much faster and user friendly than compass.

Post Likes
    I am on an Alerton site. There are 4 DriSteam humidifiers. There is one Dostech controller with 4 humidistats on the network with the Alerton devices.
    The mission (I have no say, I must accept it) is to pass the space humidities fron the Distech controller to the DriSteam humidifiers over the Alerton network.

Now before I get flamed for any of this I found out what was going on after I got here. The decisions as to the wisdom of this set up was made LONG before I got involved. The process was "We are a bunch of fitters... sooo.... how hard can it be? Make the Automation guys figure it out!!!"

The question is how to get the BCMs to pass that data. Assuming the humidifiers can be configured to accept it.

I get rusty as time goes by, but I am pretty sure the answer lies under tools -> DDC -> Global/Building Controller. I believe I need to dust off my 5 yr old Bluescreen skills and get rolling in there. Is that correct?

I may try a peer to peer push from the Distech to the humidifiers.... I just want a plan b, and I will be there tomorrow, so I wanted this to sit to get some eyes on it before I get stuck out there.

Thanks everyone!
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    I am on an Alerton site. There are 4 DriSteam humidifiers. There is one Dostech controller with 4 humidistats on the network with the Alerton devices.
    The mission (I have no say, I must accept it) is to pass the space humidities fron the Distech controller to the DriSteam humidifiers over the Alerton network.

Now before I get flamed for any of this I found out what was going on after I got here. The decisions as to the wisdom of this set up was made LONG before I got involved. The process was "We are a bunch of fitters... sooo.... how hard can it be? Make the Automation guys figure it out!!!"

The question is how to get the BCMs to pass that data. Assuming the humidifiers can be configured to accept it.

I get rusty as time goes by, but I am pretty sure the answer lies under tools -> DDC -> Global/Building Controller. I believe I need to dust off my 5 yr old Bluescreen skills and get rolling in there. Is that correct?

I may try a peer to peer push from the Distech to the humidifiers.... I just want a plan b, and I will be there tomorrow, so I wanted this to sit to get some eyes on it before I get stuck out there.

Thanks everyone!
    What do you have access to as far as front end/programming? For alerton front end that would be DDC privileges on the envision or Compass front end plus available Visio+VisualLogic installed on a machine to edit DDC. You shouldn't need to use the older ddc editor (i have little experience with the older software but that was more for LSI and BTI globals I beleive). For BCM ideally would want to launch visualogic from the alerton software and edit the current DDC that it is running. Always confirm what is has running in it before blasting a new program into it. Personally I like to open a local copy of a visio drawing for what is currently running int he BCM and then compare it to what is running the BCM device itself to make sure they are the same. Then just edit the current drawing and add a few transfer blocks as needed before saving and sending it. The bcm might have nothing running in it in which case even less to worry about. Transfers in the DDC programming of alerton global is very simple, drag transfwe blocks into the drawing and double click to open, in the in and out sides just use syntax deviceID:bacnetpoint, for example: 500:AI-20 -> 200:AV-10

You can (probably) do this from the Distech controller as well. For a Distech ECB or ECY series bacnet controller you can use network values, but limitations on how many you can use will be lower in the ECB series. You will need to get into it first using Ec-GFX and see how many network value blocks it supports using the properties or statistics panes. Bear in mind that if the points you need to read are not LOCAL points on the Distech controlled already in order to transfer the points you will need to use TWO network value blocks connected together....the first being a network read from the remote device/point and the second being network write to the final destination device/point.

Post Likes
    Well Thanks!

It is a BCM, with Envision for Bactalk and visio. Not compass. I always did Alerton into a JACE when I worked for a dealer, so my BCM skills are slim, and my Alerton skills are aging. So I greatly appreciate th response. I did not realize the BCM uploads like a plain controller. I can definitely do that.

There is so much weird that I am not expecting it to go well, and so I wanted a plan B, C, and D.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Well Thanks!

It is a BCM, with Envision for Bactalk and visio. Not compass. I always did Alerton into a JACE when I worked for a dealer, so my BCM skills are slim, and my Alerton skills are aging. So I greatly appreciate th response. I did not realize the BCM uploads like a plain controller. I can definitely do that.

There is so much weird that I am not expecting it to go well, and so I wanted a plan B, C, and D.
    My apologies if I was over explaining it. But yes, you program a BCM same as any VLC field controller. If you have done that before than it should be no problem.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Hello. I am new to VisioLogic environment and am tasked with central plant DDC programming (ACM-VLX). I have my HVAC basics right and have done research for what factors to consider for proper sequencing for my design (staging up and down of multiple chillers in parallel for example).

I was under the impression that there would be more to the Alerton Standard library that would help ease the task of writing the DDC by reusing the standards controls for the central plant. I am looking for sample files with sequencing explained to aid my task and/or work as a development guide for writing my own logic. Trim and respond reset logic; lead/lag, lead/standby or lead/lag/standby of multiple pumps would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    I have emailed you the VisualLogic programming guide, hope it helps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    I have emailed you the VisualLogic programming guide, hope it helps.
    Thanks. I do have the programming guide, it's helpful only to certain extent. To get familiar with the blocks available, I did follow this guide and used the DDC simulator to make sure I have the understanding right.

I'm now looking for ways to up my skills by going through some tried and tested logic for central plant controls.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2528293031323334353637 LastLast