+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trane XV95 new install

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I didn't know was regional. I have always specified what hand I wanted. I am right handed but I guy I used to work with for years was left handed - so I bought him left handed saws.

When I bought the Milwaukee that I still use they asked me what hand I wanted. It was a long time ago but I just thought that's how it was with real tools. And I mean that like: not Home Depot or Hearbor Freight tools. <g>

Where is the 'handing' regional?

PHM
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by samgevas View Post
    Ever notice how circular saws(we call them all skill saws in Cali, even when they're another brand), ever notice how they will either be left or right handed depending on what region you're in?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by samgevas View Post
    Ever notice how circular saws(we call them all skill saws in Cali, even when they're another brand), ever notice how they will either be left or right handed depending on what region you're in?
    depends, are they worm drive, or just regular circ saws

worm drive saws are always right handed
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    I'd be more concerned with the flex nightmare off the plenum that looks to be collapsing under it's own weight. More static please!

Post Likes

Trane XV95 new install

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    depends, are they worm drive, or just regular circ saws

worm drive saws are always right handed
    Worm drives can be had in both right or left variants. But worm drives are far more popular in the west and northwest and so are right handed saws. So most worm drives end up being righties.

Left handed saws are more popular in the south, where most guys were taught by their dads to hold the saw in the left hand so you can have your strong hand steadying the board. Direct drive is also more popular in the eastern U.S.

I met a framer in Idaho who used a left handed saw in his right hand. He said this was to keep the motor between himself and the blade, but I don't know that that was a regional thing or if he was just weird.

If you go to carpentry forums and look up wither to get a left or a right saw, you'll see the regional preferences mentioned here and there.
    -"There always seems to be enough money to do it right the second time"

Post Likes
    There is a problem with the concentric install, it should terminate 2' above roof line within 10' the wind currents from roof will cause problems,
    Same as B vents on non condensing furnaces,

6. Likes Artietech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    IM sorry bro, but are you in business? no offense, but those kits are in almost every high efficiency manual I've ever seen, you'd rather 2 holes thru the roof, or a nice vent cap that comes with kit?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artietech View Post
    That is one of the reasons for this post, but everyone got their panties in a bunch over the concentric vent issue. the vent pipes are touching the flex AND they slope away from the unit. But I guess all that doesn't matter if you use a concentric vent kit....
    im sorry I didn't read anything about that at first, seemed to me you didn't know what you were looking at?
    its ok I learn stuff everyday, now if your in business or a mechanic than there's a issiue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in